Since Twitter has retired version 1 of their API, the way to set up your WooDojo Tweets Widget has changed in order to make it work with version 1.1 of the Twitter API.
You will now have to create your own Twitter Application in order to use the WooDojo Tweets Widget and then generate access tokens and secrets for use on the Widget.
Creating a Twitter Application
In order to make use of the new WooDojo Tweets Widget you will have to create your own Twitter Application, follow these steps to create it.
- Head over to https://dev.twitter.com/apps
- Click the Create New Application button.
- Give your application a Name, Description and link to your Website, you can leave the Callback URL empty
- Scroll through the Developer Rules Of The Road section and check the Yes, I agree option
- Enter the Captcha code and click Create your Twitter Application
Obtaining an Access Token and Secret
Once you have created your Twitter Application you will need to generate an Access Token and Secret.
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps and select your new Application, if you just created your application you will already be on this page.
- Click on Manage API.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Create my access token button under the Your access token section to create your access token and secret
Setting up your WooDojo Tweets Widget
The new WooDojo Tweets Widget requires that you enter some additional settings from the Twitter Application you just created in order to work.
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps and select the application you created for your WooDojo Tweets Widget
- Scroll to the API Keys section.
- Copy the API Key, API Secret, Access Token and Access Token Secret values and enter them into Social Widgets settings page located in your WordPress admin area under WooDojo -> Social Widgets menu.
Once you have your API Key, API Secret, Access Token and Access Token Secret saved under the Social Widgets settings section you can add the WooDojo Tweets Widget to any Widget area on your site.