WooCommerce Colissimo is a premium shipping method that allows you calculate shipping for customers, using their rates. This plugin contains Colissimo prices and services, as they do not provide an API.
WooCommerce Colissimo can calculate rates for France and worldwide.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now, and then Activate.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
Debug Mode ↑ Back to top
Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Colissimo
Debug Mode – Enable debug mode to show debugging information on your cart/checkout.
Settings ↑ Back to top
1. Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping.
- Select your Shipping Zone that you want to add the method to, and press the Add shipping method + button on the right
2. Select Colissimo from the dropdown and select Add shipping method:
3. Click the Colissimo method to configure the settings:
- Method Title – Name the shipping method. This will be visible to customers.
- Method Availability – This setting lets you narrow down the countries which can get quotes. Leave set to All Countries to have it available for all customers.
- Options – Choose to enable specific options here
- Integrated Flat-Rate Compensation (insurance) – Adds a fee per package based on compensation value
- Optional Compensation – Adds a fee per package based on compensation value
- Signature on Delivery – Adds a flat fee if checked
- Rates and Services – These settings control the services and rates you offer customers.
- Parcel Packing Method – See below.
- Offer Rates – Choose to return all rates (user will get the choice) or just return a single rate.
- Services – Here you can rename, and re-order, Colissimo shipping rates.
- Save changes.
Parcel Packing Method ↑ Back to top
There are two packing methods with Colissimo. Each affects the parcels you send to the plugin for a quote.
Pack items individually (Default) ↑ Back to top
Each item in your cart (non-virtual) is sent to the plugin individually. Rate quotes for all items are combined for the final cost.
Pack items in boxes together (Recommended) ↑ Back to top
Items are packed in pre-defined boxes and sent to the plugin for a quote. We recommend this option. See Box-Packing below for more information on this.
Box-Packing ↑ Back to top
The box packer included with this shipping method lets you group items into packages for which you define height, width, length, weight and max-weight. The packing is mainly volume based, but does also consider item sizes.
How the calculation works ↑ Back to top
The packer does the following:
- Finds boxes that fit items being packed (uses H x W x D).
- Packs all fitting items into boxes (using volume).
- Uses the largest box fitting 100% of items *or* uses the highest % packed box, and then passes unpacked items back (and repeats the process)
- Packs unpackable items alone, using item dimensions.
- Returns all packed boxes.
Colissimo Services ↑ Back to top
These services are available:
- Colissimo France
- Colissimo Emballage France
- Colissimo Europe
- Colissimo Outre-Mer
- Colissimo Economique Outre-Mer
- Colissimo International
- Colissimo Emballage International
Customer Usage ↑ Back to top
Customers get quotes based on address input from two places:
- Cart page – Using the shipping calculator
- Checkout page – Filling in shipping and billing forms
Troubleshooting ↑ Back to top
No rates returned/no rates available ↑ Back to top
- Enable debug mode to see debugging information on the cart page. This will often reveal the problem.
- Check your products have sizes and weights set. Without this, the calculation cannot be performed.
- Check that you set France as the shop base country and euros as default shop currency.
Questions and Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with the developer via the Help Desk.