Aramex Shipping retrieves shipping rates from Aramex for your store, calculates costs for customer orders and enables you to collect the correct amount in checkout.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce Account Dashboard.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded.
- Activate the extension.
More information at:.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping.
- Select Aramex at the top of the screen, underneath the tabs.
- Configure the settings:
- Enable/Disable – Choose to enable the shipping method or not.
- Test Mode – Choose to place the shipping method into test mode, for testing with Aramex.
- Aramex Account Info
- Account Entity – Identification Code/Number for Transmitting Party. This code should be provided to you by Aramex.
- Account Number – The Customer’s Account number provided by Aramex when the contract is signed.
- Account Pin – A key that is given to account customers associated with the account number, so as to validate customer identity.
- Username – A unique user name sent to the customer upon registration with Aramex.
- Password – A unique password to verify the user name, sent to the client upon registration with Aramex.
- Debug Mode – Enable the debug mode or not. All API call requests and responses are output in a log file, linked from the settings screen.
- Add Aramex to the appropriate shipping zones
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping
- Edit the shipping zone(s) that you want to have Aramex Shipping Delivery
- Edit Aramex Shipping Delivery for additional settings
- Method Title – Name the shipping method. This is visible to customers.
- Aramex Product Type – Specify the product type to be sent to Aramex (read more about the different Aramex product types).The product types are:
Priority Document, Priority Parcel, Priority Letter, Deferred Document, Deferred Parcel, Ground Document, Ground Parcel.
- Origin Address – This is the address where you packages will be shipping from
- Pickup Details – These are the hours your business will be available for packages to be picked up
- Pickup Contact Person – Details of the person who should be contacted regarding package pickups
- Box Packing – Enable to specify the packaging sizes that you will be using for your Aramex shipments
Custom Box Packing ↑ Back to top
The box packer included with this shipping method groups items into boxes that you define by height, width, length, weight and max-weight. The packing is mainly volume based but also considers item sizes.
Setting up box sizes ↑ Back to top
Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Your Shipping Zone > Aramex Shipping Delivery > Box Packaging and select Add Box to set up box dimensions:
- Outer dimensions are used for parcel dimensions and are passed to the API.
- Inner dimensions are used for packing, and items should fit within these.
- Box weight is the weight of the actual box, and is added to the weight of contents.
- Max weight is the maximum weight your box can hold. This includes contents weight and box weight.
How the calculation works ↑ Back to top
- Finds boxes that fit items being packed (uses H x W x D).
- Packs all fitting items into boxes (using volume).
- Uses the largest box that fits 100% of items *or* uses the highest % packed box, and then passes unpacked items back and repeats the process.
- Packs unpackable items alone, using item dimensions.
- Returns all packed boxes.
Questions and Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with the developer via the Help Desk.