Having a customizable e-commerce platform means that there are a lot of available settings to tweak. The Setup Wizard takes you through all necessary steps to set up your store and get it ready to start selling!
Welcome to WooCommerce ↑ Back to top
Immediately after activating the plugin, you are taken to the Setup Wizard. You can use the wizard, or skip it and set up everything manually.
The first page asks you:
- Location and currency of your store
- What type of goods you plan to sell
- Whether you sell goods and services in person
Payment ↑ Back to top
There are a few possible scenarios, depending on:
- Where your store is located
- How you answered the question about selling goods and services in person
If you did NOT tick the box for selling in person, you are shown Stripe and PayPal:
If you did tick the box for selling in person – and you live in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan or the UK – you are shown Square, PayPal, and Stripe.
If you are located in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, or the UK, you are also shown Klarna as a payment option.
Choose how you want to be paid by sliding buttons on/off. All payment gateways offered as in Setup Wizard are free plugins that are auto-installed and activated, if selected.*
- Klarna allows you to take payments, if your store is located in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, or the U.S. and UK. More at: Klarna Payments.
- PayPal Express Checkout is active in 200+ countries, and also offers PayPal Credit for U.S. stores. More at: PayPal Express Checkout.
- Square is a payment system for store owners who also have a physical store and/or want to sell goods and services in person. More at: WooCommerce Square.
- Stripe supports 25+ countries and automatic recurring payments for WooCommerce Subscriptions products. The Wizard helps you sign up for a new Stripe account, if you need one. More at: Stripe for WooCommerce.
*Payment gateways may also be deactivated and uninstalled, if you later decide to not use them. There is no obligation.
All store owners may also opt to accept Offline Payments by toggling the arrow, which opens a panel.
Shipping ↑ Back to top
Select a unit of measurement for weight and dimensions.
USPS Shipping can be enabled for your store if you reside in the United States. Canada Post rates can be pulled in for calculating shipping, if you’re based in Canada.
*Store owners outside the United States and Canada will not see these options.
If selecting USPS or Canada Post, we recommend following our WooCommerce Services instructions to finish setting up your store. Go to: WooCommerce Services.
Extras ↑ Back to top
WooCommerce can automatically install and activate the free Storefront theme.
WooCommerce can automatically calculate taxes. If opting out, you need manually enter all tax rates.
Activate ↑ Back to top
Activate the free Jetpack plugin for enhancements to your site and store (optional). More at: Jetpack features.
Ready! ↑ Back to top
Setup Wizard is complete. You have the option to:
- Sign up for our newsletter.
- Select the Create a Product button.
- Use the Built-in Product Importer to upload products via CSV.
- Watch our WooCommerce Guided Video Tour or read Getting Started.
Rerun the Setup Wizard ↑ Back to top
You can run the Setup Wizard, if you skipped it when installing WooCommerce. Go to: Help > Setup Wizard and select Setup Wizard.