The Purchase Order Gateway extension for WooCommerce adds a field to the checkout screen where customers can enter their purchase order number, which is provided by you to the customer in a manual/contractual/verbal agreement.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
Note: ‘Payments’ formerly called ‘Checkout’ prior to WooCommerce 3.4.
- Select Purchase Order. This takes you to the Settings screen.
- Configure your settings:
- Enable/Disable – Enable to use. Disable to turn off.
- Title – Choose the title shown during checkout
- Description – Add info shown to customers/vendors if they use a Purchase Order
- Thank you note (optional)
Order Management ↑ Back to top
Once a Purchase Order is entered, the order is placed in On-hold status until the store owner manually marks the order as Completed.
The purchase order number is neatly displayed within order information.
And displayed on the invoice:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I issue the purchase order number to the customer? ↑ Back to top
Purchase orders are often used in a business-to-business context. Thus, the purchase order number would need to be issued manually using your business’ own purchase order management system.
Questions and Feedback ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.