WooCommerce Instagram allows you to connect your Instagram account and showcase or share how customers are using your products. But not only!
Requirements ↑ Back to top
- An Instagram account
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
Connect Instagram ↑ Back to top
Once the extension is activated, a notice appears at the top to prompt connection.
Or go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Integrations > Instagram. Select Connect Instagram Account.
Once your Instagram account is connected, you can start displaying Instagram photographs by using a hashtag on product listings.
Add a Hashtag to a Product ↑ Back to top
To add an Instagram hashtag to a product:
- Go to WooCommerce > Products and select a product to tag.
- Select the Instagram tab in the Product Data meta box.
- Add a hashtag. This hashtag is not filtered by an account — it shows ALL posts on Instagram using the hashtag. It does not have the ability to only show photos using the hashtag from the Instagram account you connected.
Images tagged with the supplied hashtag are then output on the product listing screens in the frontend of your website.
Customization ↑ Back to top
Image Size ↑ Back to top
Instagram images are based on the shop_catalog image size.
If you want to change this to thumbnails or another image size, add this code to the ‘custom functions’ area of your functions.php file:
Or you could use a plugin, i.e., Functionality.
Filters ↑ Back to top
If you’re a developer and would like to customize the output, you can use these extensions:
- woocommerce_instagram_section_title: Remove/Change the title
- woocommerce_instagram_columns: Change the number of columns
- woocommerce_instagram_display_action_note: Remove the “call to action” link
Questions and Feedback ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.