Paypal Pro Hosted offers merchants a way to securely accept credit and debit card or PayPal payments without capturing or storing card information on their website.
Payment information is collected by PayPal using an inline frame inside your WooCommerce store.
To learn more, see: Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution.
Requirements ↑ Back to top
- PayPal Business account
- Store location in Australia, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Spain, or the United Kingdom
*Works differently in some countries and uses varying names. For details, see International availability and fees.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
PayPal Setup ↑ Back to top
You need a PayPal Business account, API Signature and Credentials, and you need to be subscribed in Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions:
1. Verify your account status.
Go to your PayPal Profile under My settings and verify that your Account Type is Business.
2. Get your API Credentials.
Go to My Account > Profile > My Selling Tools, then click the Update (API Access) link:
On the API Access page, select Option 2 by clicking Request API credentials:
Select the Request API signature option, and click the Agree and Submit button:
3. Apply for Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions
Click the link for your country:
PayPal usually reviews and approves applications in 5-7 business days.
Plugin Setup ↑ Back to top
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > PayPal Pro Hosted
Enter plugin options using your PayPal account (Receiver Email) and set up API Credentials:
The PayPal Pro Hosted plugin is now ready.
Note: You don’t need to configure return or notifications URLs because the plugin does it for you
FAQ ↑ Back to top
Is this compatible with Subscriptions? ↑ Back to top
The only way to use PayPal Pro Hosted with WooCommerce Subscriptions (separate purchase) would be to have manual subscriptions set up. Automatic recurring payments are not supported.
Does it support all credit card providers in every country? ↑ Back to top
No. There are limitations in each country.
- Australia: Supports Visa and MasterCard
- France: Supports Visa, MasterCard, Carte Bancaire, Carte Aurore, Cofinoga and 4 étoiles
- Hong Kong: Supports Visa and MasterCard
- Italy: Supports Visa, MasterCard, Carta Aura (processed by Cetelem), Postepay (Visa) and PayPal prepaid card (MasterCard)
- Japan: Supports Visa, MasterCard and JCB
- Spain: Supports Visa, MasterCard and Tarjeta Aurora (processed by Cetelem)
- United Kingdom: Supports Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard and Maestro
Questions and Feedback ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.