Allow admins and store managers to act on behalf of customers in your WooCommerce store.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin the file you have downloaded.
- Install Now and Activate.
More information at Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
Once the plugin has been activated the front-end user switching tool will be visible for logged in Administrators and Shop managers by default.
To change the default settings, go to: Settings > User Switching.
Labels section ↑ Back to top
Here you can modify what’s displayed in the front-end user switcher.
- Pretending to be label – naming of the label used when you have switched to another user. Defaults to Pretending to be user.
- Chose user label – naming of the title used in the select dropdown to switch between users. Defaults to Choose user.
- User fields in select – what WordPress user fields that should be displayed in the select dropdown. Defaults to display_name.
- Log out label – the label for the link to switch back to the originally logged in user. Defaults to Log out.
Roles section ↑ Back to top
In this section you can choose which user roles that are able to switch to other users. Warning: users with the selected role will be able to switch to all users with the same or less capabilities.
Plugin usage ↑ Back to top
When the plugin is activated and you are logged in as one of the roles defined in the plugin settings, the front-end user switching tool will be visible in the top left corner.
By clicking on the user icon a Choose user select box / dropdown will be visible. Search for the user and click on the name you want to switch to.
When you have switched to another user, a descriptive text will remind you that you are logged in as another user.
Click on the Log out link to switch back to the account you where originally logged in as.
Frequently Asked Questions ↑ Back to top
Are there any security risks using this plugin? ↑ Back to top
Switching user accounts is something that should be used with caution. However, this plugin uses several WordPress functions and other features to minimize potential problems and risks.
- Only users with the ability to edit other users can switch between accounts.
- Users can only switch to other users with the same or lower capabilities.
- Uses the WordPress cookie authentication system when switching between accounts.
- Uses the WordPress nonce security system which means that only users that intends to switch user accounts can execute the user switching functions in the plugin.