Booking Form ↑ Back to top
A booking form is generated for the front-end Add to Cart form. This is set up according to how the product has been configured. Here is an example of an hourly, time-based booking.
If multiple spaces are available per block, the number of remaining spots is shown.
If some of the time blocks in a given day have been booked, a red flag on that day denotes that it is partially booked. If you don’t want the partially booked flag, it’s possible to hide this using CSS. For more information, see our stylesheet.
The cost is updated dynamically as options are selected. Once a valid booking is chosen, the customer can select Book Now to add to cart.
Checkout Process ↑ Back to top
Booking data, including dates, times, persons, and resources, is shown in the line item once in the cart.
Even if the booking duration crosses over into the next calendar day, this can be handled by the system.
If the booking requires approval, Add to Cart is replaced with Check Availability and payment is not taken in checkout. The booking goes through checkout on its own. This creates the booking and the order, but does not request or take payment.
Once you approve the booking, the customer is emailed a Booking Confirmed email as described in the Email Notifications section below.
This email contains a payment link they can click to pay; the customer can also log into their My Account page and make a payment.
Bookings not requiring payment behave as any other product in your store.
More information at: Managing Bookings.
Email Notifications ↑ Back to top
Bookings has five email alerts that are handled for you automatically. You can edit all emails sent to customers at: WooCommerce > Settings > Emails. They are:
- New Booking: Emails are sent to the Admin when a new booking is created.
- Booking Confirmed: Emails are sent when a booking is confirmed.
- Booking Reminder: Emails are sent to the customer one day prior to their booking to remind them of an upcoming booking.
- Booking Notification: Notification emails are sent manually from Bookings > Send Notification.
- Booking Canceled: Emails are sent when a booking is canceled.
- Admin Booking Canceled: Email sent to Admin when a booking status changes to canceled.
You can also send custom notifications using Follow-up Emails (separate purchase).
Sending custom email notifications ↑ Back to top
All customers with a future booking of the product you select will receive a copy of this email.
To send a custom email notification:
- Go to: Bookings > Send Notification.
- Select the Booking Product from the dropdown.
- Enter a Subject.
- Enter your message.
- Tick the box to send an .ics (calendar file) attachment. This is optional.
- Send notification.
Questions and Feedback ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.