Smart Coupons provide a powerful, “all-in-one” solution for gift certificates, store credits, discount coupons, and vouchers extending the core functionality of WooCommerce coupons.
This doc article explains how you can sell gift cards of variable but a fixed amount.
You can sell gift cards of variable but a fixed amount by creating product variations.
Coupon setup ↑ Back to top
- Go to: WooCommerce > Coupons.
- Create/add a new coupon.
- Give it a title, i.e., call_for_credit. Important: Coupon code should not have any spaces between the name.
- Select Discount type as Store Credit/Gift Certificate.
- Important: Leave Coupon amount blank.
- Enable Coupon Value Same as Product’s Price?
Product setup ↑ Back to top
- Add a Variable Product or edit an existing Variable Product.
- Associate the above-created coupon with this product.
- Add attributes to a variable product as explained here.
- Create product variations, where each variation has a unique and fixed price.
- Important: If you do not want to charge shipping for this product, mark product variations as Virtual.
- When customer will purchase any product variation, a coupon with the same price as of the variation will be created & will be emailed to respective customers.
Important: If you have any coupon in your store, which can be used to buy this store credit/gift certificate, make sure to set ‘Usage limit per user’ under ‘Usage Limits’ to 1. Otherwise, your customer will get real credit at a discounted rate for multiple times, It may result in the overall loss for your store.