Smart Coupons provides a powerful, “all-in-one” solution for gift certificates, store credits, discount coupons and vouchers extending the core functionality of WooCommerce coupons.
This doc article explains how you can restrict coupons by product taxonomy.
When a store has a large product portfolio, often there is a need for adding more restrictions on coupons apart from the default restriction options provided by WooCommerce. So we have added this very useful feature in Smart Coupons that allows restricting coupons by product taxonomy.
Smart Coupons provides full flexibility to include / exclude product taxonomy from the coupon getting applied.
The following taxonomies can be included/excluded:
- Product type
- Product tags
- Product visibility
- Product shipping class
Steps to restrict a coupon based on product taxonomy ↑ Back to top
- Go to Marketing > Coupons
- Add/Edit a coupon
- Go to Coupon data > General
- Fill in the details like discount, expiry date and others.
- Now go to Usage restriction > Taxonomy
- Click on ‘Add taxonomy restriction’ button to select any taxonomy
- Choose Include / Exclude from the drop-down
- Search and select values
- Click on the ‘+’ button to add more taxonomy restrictions as per need
- Publish/Update the coupon
Now the coupon is set up successfully with restrictions based on taxonomy.
How validation works ↑ Back to top
- All the different taxonomy restrictions that are added on a coupon need to be satisfied in order for the coupon to work as AND logic is followed when there are multiple taxonomy restrictions.
- When there are multiple values added in a single taxonomy restriction field, for example, if we have 2 different product shipping classes (heavy and fragile) mentioned, then the product in the cart must belong to either one of the heavy or fragile shipping classes as OR logic is followed in this case.