Recommended ↑ Back to top
The first step in setting up your WooCommerce-powered online store is to install WordPress and the WooCommerce plugin itself. But before doing so, you should check your hosting environment. As a guide, we recommend:
- PHP version 7.2 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater
- WordPress memory limit of 128 MB or greater
- HTTPS support
You should also check WordPress requirements.
Optional Items ↑ Back to top
Some other optional things that may be required include:
- CURL or fsockopen support, used by WooCommerce and by several of our integrations, e.g. for PayPal IPN
- Some of our extensions require SOAP support
- Multibyte String support if you’re running a non-English store.
If you want WordPress “pretty” permalinks, there are some additional requirements listed here
Check if your server has the items listed above after installing WooCommerce from the System Status page.
Moving Hosts ↑ Back to top