Recommended ↑ Back to top
The first step in setting up your WooCommerce-powered online store is to install WordPress and the WooCommerce plugin itself. But before doing so, you should check your hosting environment. As a guide, we recommend:
- PHP version 7.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.1 or greater
- WordPress memory limit of 256 MB or greater
- HTTPS support
You should also check WordPress requirements.
Optional Items ↑ Back to top
Other optional things that may be required include:
- CURL or fsockopen support, used by WooCommerce and by several of our integrations, e.g., PayPal IPN
- Some WooCommerce.com extensions require SOAP support
- Multibyte String support if you’re running a non-English store.
- Additional requirements listed at Using Permalinks, if you want WordPress “pretty” permalinks.
After installing WooCommerce, check if your server has the items listed using the System Status page.