WooCommerce Segment.io Connector lets you track WordPress & WooCommerce’s activity & send tracked data to Segment.io
Features ↑ Back to top
- Easiest to setup / install
- Instant tracking after entering API code
- Covers almost all events on your store
- Tracks e-Commerce specific events
- Easy to track additional events
- Not much coding skills required to track additional events
- Allows other extensions to emit events, which will be redirected to Segment.io
Simply install the plugin, enter your Segment.io API code and you would be tracking everything instantly.
WooCommerce Segment.io Connector integrates with Segment.io (http://segment.io/) – an analytics aggregation and relay service. Segment.io lets you send your analytics data to any service you want, without you having to integrate with each one individually.
Segment.io lets you send your analytics data to:
AdRoll, BitDeli, BugHeard, bugsnag, Chartbeat, ClickTale, Clicky, Comscore, Countly, Crazyegg, Crtittercism, Customer.io, Errorception, Flurry, Foxmetricks, Guages, Google Analytics, GoSquared, Heap, Help Scout, HitTail, HubSpot, Improvely, Intercom, Keen.io, KISSmetrics, Klaviyo, Librato, LiveChat, Localytics, Lytics, Marketo, Mixpanel, Olark, Ominture, Optimizely, Outbound, Pardot, Perfect Audience, Pingdom, Preact, Qualaroo, Quantcast, Salesforce, Sentry, SnapEngage, Totango, USERcycle, Userfox, UserVoice, Vero, Visual Website Optimizer, Woopra, Webhooks, without having to integrate with each and every one, saving you a ton of time.
Segment.io stores your analytics data for later use. So if you want to switch between these services, you can do that by flicking a button. No changes required on your website. No manual imports. No loss of data!!
Following events will be tracked by default:
Registration form seen
New user registered
Added to cart
Removed from cart
If you are a developer, you can easily track any additional events too. See developer guide
Installation ↑ Back to top
1. Ensure you have latest version of WooCommerce plugin installed
2. Unzip and upload the folder ‘woocommerce-segmentio-connector’ to your `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
3. Activate ‘WooCommerce Segment.io Connector’ through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Usage ↑ Back to top
How to setup? How to start tracking activities of WooCommerce store?
- You need to enter & save your Segment.io’s API key in WooCommerce Integration settings, otherwise no event will be sent to Segment.io
- Go to ‘WooCommerce -> Settings’ & look for ‘Segment.io Connector’ link under ‘Integration’ tab.
- Put your Segment.io API key in field provided on that page & click ‘Save changes’.
- That’s it! Now activities on your site will be tracked and sent to Segment.io.
Developer ↑ Back to top
How to track events from third party plugin?
For tracking any event you need four details:
Event name (required)
Event data (optional)
User ID (optional)
User’s data (optional)
Once you have these, you can use following code in any php file of that third party plugin.
<?php $event_name = 'sample event'; $event_data = array( 'title' => 'product title' ); $user_id = 5; $user_data = array( 'dob' => '01-01-1990' ); do_action( 'woocommerce_segmentio_connector_log_activity', $event_name, $event_data, $user_id, $user_data ); ?>
Frequently Asked Questions ↑ Back to top
Events are not being tracked. I can’t see any data in Segment.io?
Please check whether you’ve entered & saved your Segment.io API key.
Can I track additional events (from third party extensions)?
Yes, it is very easy to track those additional events which are not tracked by this extension. You just need to call a function with some data. Please refer developer guide for details.