Review for Discount allows you to define rewards to your customers for their recommendations – the most powerful tool you have in your store – reviews!
Installation ↑ Back to top
Much like all WordPress plugins, the installation process is quite straightforward:
Unzip the files and upload the folder into your plugins folder (wp-content/plugins/)
Activate the plugin in your WordPress admin area.
To access Review for Discount, just hover on the WooCommerce menu in your navigation and select “Review for Discount”.
How Review for Discount Works ↑ Back to top
Review for Discount hooks heavily into WooCommerce’s standard coupon architecture.
Coupons generated for Review for Discount function similarly to “standard” coupon, and even go so far as being stored within the standard coupon section in WooCommerce > Coupons for tracking your coupons in one location. The major differentiation is that coupon codes are generated automatically by the plugin at the moments that you define based upon reviews that are added to your storefront.
Upon approval of the review (comments), coupons are automatically generated, and emailed to your users. Each coupon is unique to each user/review. Each discount sent/created after a review is set as a single use coupon.
Review for Discount Options ↑ Back to top
Review for Discount has several options which make it really powerful and flexible – the following options are available:
- Discount type:
- Cart discount – A fixed total discount for the entire cart.
- Cart % discount – A percentage discount for the entire cart.
- Product discount – A fixed total discount for selected products only.
- Product % discount – A percentage discount for selected products only.
- Discount amount – Fixed value or percentage off for this coupon.
- Individual use – Determines whether the customer can use multiple coupons at once, or just this one.
- Apply before tax – Define whether the coupon should be applied before or after tax. Before tax is the most common setting. The calculation is as follows:
- Prices include tax – Take the price (inc tax) and take of the discount, THEN calculate the tax backwards.
- Prices exclude tax – Take the price (ex tax) and take of the discount, THEN calculate the tax forwards.
- Enable free shipping – Enable this option is the ticket grants free shipping. The free shipping method needs setting up to require a coupon too.
- When code is sent by email – at time of review or after the review has been accepted/approved.
- Expiration – After how long – days/weeks/months – should the coupon expire.
- Product IDs or Categories – A list of product ID’s that the review must occur on for a discount to be sent.
- Limit coupon validity – If checked, the coupon will also only be valid for the preceding IDs and/or categories.
Email Settings ↑ Back to top
Review for discount allows shop owners to define and create their own email subject and body that sends to their reviewers along with the auto-generated coupon code. The emails are sent from the email address define in WooCommerce settings.
Once reviews are accepted, your customers will receive their discounts via email, and be able to enter coupon codes on the cart/checkout pages. Used coupon codes will be viewable when viewing orders, and tracked within the plugin.