When editing the Product Data there is a “Linked Products” tab. Products can be related to each other in three ways: Up-Sells, Cross-Sells or by having the same tags or categories.
You can add an up-sell or cross-sell to a product by following these steps:
- Go to the product you’d like to show the up-sell or cross-sell on
- Open the Linked Products tab
- Add the product you’d like to link to by searching for it
Up-Sells ↑ Back to Top
Up-sells are products which you recommend instead of the currently viewed product, for example, products that are more profitable or better quality or more expensive. Depending on your site’s template these products will display on the single product page underneath the product’s description.
- Up-sells (user defined) show on the product page.
Cross-Sells ↑ Back to Top
Cross-sells are products which you promote in the cart, based on the current product. Depending on your site’s template they will display on the cart page underneath the cart products table with a thumbnail image.
- Cross-sells (user defined) show on the cart page.
Related Products ↑ Back to Top
Related products is a section on some templates that pulls other products from your store that share the same tags or categories as the current product. These products can not be specified in the admin, but can be influenced by grouping similar products in the same category or by using the same tags.
- Related products (automatic) also show on the product page.