PsiGate provides a secure payment system and accept credit cards directly from your WooCommerce checkout page. PsiGate gateway can process Sale and Authorization type of transactions in Canadian and US dollars.
It gives you a real-time processing of the order and updates the order with the payment appropriate references. The credit card information of the customer is never stored in your database.
A valid SSL certificate is strongly recommended to protect the customers sensitive information.
The plugin supports:
- Regular product payments
- Subscription product payments
- Pre-Order product payments
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
Steps for configuration of your PsiGate installation.
- Enable PsiGate
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > PsiGate.
- Enable PsiGate test or live mode. Recommended: make a few test payments before you go live.
- If in test mode, choose the response you want to receive from PsiGate.
- Enter the title and description the customer will se on the checkout page.
- Enter PsiGate Store ID.
- Enter PsiGate Pass Phrase.
- Enter PsiGate Payment Action Type. Sale for capturing the payment straight away, Authorize for just authorization. You will need to capture manually the Authorized payments.
- When in live mode, enter your production/live URL.
- Enable Debug log, if you want debug log generated for you
- Save Changes.
Options ↑ Back to top
- Enables the Gateway.
- Test Mode:
- Enable test mode. Use this mode to make test transactions and test the integration before you go live.
- Test Mode Authorization Response:
- When in test mode, choose what type of response you want to be returned when processing a Test Mode transaction.
- Approved – Approved payment
- Declined – Declined payment
- Random – Will return response on random basis.
- Fraud – Simulates a fraud transaction. Unless your account is set to decline a possible fraud transaction, this option will still Approve the payment.
- Method Title:
- This controls the title which the user sees during checkout.
- This controls the description which the user sees during checkout. Will show above the credit card fields.
- Store ID:
- PSiGate provides the StoreID within the PSiGate Welcome Email. StoreID is unique and case sensitive.
- Pass Phrase:
- PSiGate provides the Passphrase within the PSiGate Welcome Email. Passphrase is case sensitive.
- Accepted Cards:
- Choose the cards you can and want to accept payments from.
- Payment Action Type:
- Controls the transaction type. ‘Sale’ will authorize and capture the payment right away.
- ‘Authorize’ will only authorize the payment and you will have up to 5 days to manually capture the payment via your PsiGate admin panel.
- Live URL:
- Enter your live URL, received from PsiGate. Live Mode Only.
- Save Customers::
- Enable, if you want to use PsiGate Account Manager API and save the customers payment info. This option will allow the customers to save their info and use it in future payments without entering their information again.
- Only the last 4 digits of the Credit Card, expiration date and their generated customer ID will be saved in the WooCommerce database. Customer will be able to delete or edit their saved information from their ‘My Account’ Page.
- REQUIRED for Subscriptions and Pre-Orders payments.
- Debug Log:
- Debug log will provide you with most of the data and events generated by the payment process.
- Logged inside “woocommerce/logs/PsiGate.txt”.
Account Manager API Settings: The options in this section are used when:
- You allow customers to save their cards on the PsiGate servers
- You use WC Subscriptions or Pre-Orders extensions. The extensions require your customers to save their payment information on the PsiGate servers for future use. Fill in your credentials
Options in the section are:
- Account Manager CID:
- The CID specifies your Merchant Account. Your CID will be given to you by PsiGate.
- Account Manager User ID:
- Enter your User ID received from PsiGate.
- Account Manager Password:
- Enter your Password received from PsiGate.
- Live Account Manager URL:
- Enter your live URL used for the Account Manager API. You should receive this URL from PsiGate. Production Mode Only.
FAQ ↑ Back to top
Question 1: When I test the PsiGate gateway, the payments fails with ‘Payment status: 1007’, generated in the debug log. What should I do?
Answer 1: This error means that the ports on your websites server, used to communicate with PsiGate, are closed. Talk with your hosting provider and get the ports opened. The test port is 7989 and only you should know your production port.
Question 2: I am trying to make a payment, but it fails with error message: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure. What should I do?
Answer 2: This error means that there is a connection problem with your cURL and your SSL. Please try adding the following line of code to your
Question 3: We sell both in Canadian and US dollars and we have Psigate accounts for each currency, can we use your plugin to the corresponding Psigate account based on the order currency?
Answer 3: Yes, you can charge multiple separate account using the plugin and the built in filters. Here is what you need to do:
- Install and setup the gateway as normal for one of the accounts. Lets say for the example that this is for US dollars.
- Add this snippet to your
theme\functions.phpfile or anywhere where the code will be loaded.
In the snippet all you need to do is to fill in the currency and the credentials of the Psigate account that will charge the currency. For example,
line 46 through 56, you enter “CAD“(for Canadian Dollars) as currency and the StoreID and Passphrase of the account that will charge the payments. If you want to add even more currencies, just duplicate line 46 through 56 and add another currency.
Questions & Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch the developer via the Help Desk.