Adding images to posts (Using the Image Resizer) ↑ Back to top
Many template pages use an embedded image within a post when displaying the post to the user.
This means you need to add a custom image to a post if you want to display the image with the post. If you fail to add an image, it won’t be displayed or disrupt the theme.
Our themes use a custom image resizing script (thumb.php) that dynamically resizes, crops and creates an image in the appropriate size needed.
To add images to posts:
Go to Posts > Add New then complete all standard fields.
- Scroll down to the Custom Settings panel, and click “Browse” to find the image you want to use as the thumbnail or featured image.
- Select Save when done. The image resizer script resizes the image.
To learn more, see our video tutorial.
Adding home page Featured Posts ↑ Back to top
Setting up the featured section
- Create or identify a specific post category that you want to use as the featured category. To make a category, go to Posts > Categories in the WordPress admin.
- Go to Premium News > Theme Options > Front Page Layout
- Select a category as the “Featured” category.
Adding the post (basics)
- Go to Post > Add New
- Enter a title and body content. Add an image if you wish.
- Select the appropriate category (as specified on the theme options page — above).
- Copy a section of the body content to use as the shortened summary.
- Paste into the “Excerpt” field.
Adding videos (Sidebar) ↑ Back to top
Setting up the video section
- Create or identify a specific post category you want to use as the video category. To make a category, go to Posts > Categories in the WordPress admin.
- Go to Premium News > Theme Options > Front Page Layout.
- Select whether to display the video player and the appropriate category as the “Video”.
Adding a new video
- Go to Posts > Add New
- Select the category for your videos (the category you specified in Premium News Theme Options).
- Copy the video embed code.
- Enter this code into the “Text Area” field. The video will be resized automatically.
Using Other Video Services
You can use any video service you wish (i.e., Google Video, Vimeo, Revver etc.) if you’re not a fan of YouTube. Copy the embed code and paste into the “Text Area”.
Widgets ↑ Back to top
There are two widgetized areas:
- Sidebar 1 (left sub-column in the sidebar);
- Sidebar 2 (right sub-column in the sidebar)
Note: Go to Appearance > Widgets to add widgets. By default, the theme displays nothing, until you add your own widgets.
To learn more, see: How to Add Widgets.