PayTrace is an online payment processing company offering a secure and efficient means of accepting credit card payment. PayTrace accepts all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB and is able to process payments in US dollars.
An SSL certificate is strongly recommended to protect your customers’ sensitive information.
The plugin supports both PayTrace Post API and PayTrace JSON API.
The plugin supports:
- Sale or Authorization Only transaction
- Subscription product payments. Supported by both Cards and Checks.
- Subscriptions 2.n all features
- Pre-Order product payments. Supported by both Cards and Checks.
- Automatic Order Refunds.
- Direct Transaction Capture of previously authorized transactions directly from the store dashboard.
- Client Side Encryption: Encrypts all card sensitive fields and sends them directly to Paytrace.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Features ↑ Back to top
- Credit/Debit Card payments. Optimized Credit Card payment form
- Check Payments. Payments by eCheck(ACH) are as simple as entering your Routing and Account Numbers.
- Secure Storage. Speed up checkout process by reusing securely saved Cards or eChecks.
- Manage Stored Payment methods. Make default, Delete or Add new payment methods.
- Automatic Order Refunds. Process Refunds directly from “Order Edit” screen.
- Direct Capture of Authorized payments. Capture payments directly from “Order Edit” screen.
- Supports client-side encryption of the sensitive data, reduces merchants exposure to PCI-compliance verification.
Process Refunds ↑ Back to top
To process an order refund is intuitive. You can process a partial refund or fully refund an order. Fully refunded orders will be automatically placed in Refunded status:
Here is how you can process a refund:
- Go to the Admin Order Edit page.
- In the Order Items meta box, click the Refund button.
- Enter the amount you want to refund the customer with and optionally enter a refund reason. Then click on the Refund button again.
- You will be prompted to confirm the refund action. Then your refund will be processed.
- If the refund is successful, you will see it as an order line item and a note will be placed with some information about it.
- That’s it. Don’t forget that fully refunded orders will be automatically marked as Refunded.
Process Capture ↑ Back to top
There are two ways to process a transaction capture and are on the “Order Edit” page.
I. Capture from “Order Actions” is very simple:
- Go to “Order Actions”
- Open the dropdonw field and select “Capture Payment (xx.xx)” from the selections
- Update Order or click the Arrow button next to the dropdown field.
II. Capture from the “Order Items” meta box:
- Click the Capture button on the bottom left of the box
- Enter the amount you want to capture. Remember, you can capture up to the originally authorized amount. The originally authorized amount will be automatically pre-filled in the Capture field.
- Press Capture Payment button.
- In case you change your mind you can click the “Cancel Capture” on the bottom left.
Client-side encryption ↑ Back to top
The encryption of data is only for the credit or debit card information specifically for the Card Number and CVC. To enable the feature use the following steps:
I. In Paytrace Dashboard:
- Log in to Paytrace Account
- Download your public key from “Integration > Download Public Key“
II. In the gateway plugin settings (WooCommerce > Settings > Payment (Checkout for WC < 3.4) > Paytrace)
- Go to the plugin settings and enable the “Use Client Side Encryption” setting
- Upload the downloaded Public Key to your site and enter the location in the field “Location of Public Key”. For example, if you upload the key file (public_key.pem) to your site top folder, you will enter: https://domain.com/public_key.pem
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
Integration Type setting ↑ Back to top
Integration Type: To setup and configure the gateway you will first need to choose you Integration API you will use. This is the first field on top of the settings page. It is important to choose your API and save settings before you start configurations, as some of the settings are different for the different APIs.
General Settings ↑ Back to top
- Method Title:
- This controls the title which the user sees during checkout.
- This controls the description which the user sees during checkout.
Credentials Settings ↑ Back to top
- PayTrace User Name:
- PayTrace Password:
- Your PayTrace password is required to authenticate your request.
Payment Methods Settings ↑ Back to top
- Accepted Cards:
- Choose the cards you can and want to accept payments from.
- Transaction Type:
- The transaction type is the type of transaction you wish to process.
- ‘Sale’ would mean that the transaction is authorized and settled automatically.
- ‘Authorization’ would autorize the payment, but you will need to settle each payment manually from your PayTrace account.
- Accept eCheck Payments:
- Enable to allow customers to pay with eChecks
- Set “On-Hold” status for orders paid by eCheck:
- Enable Payment Vault:
- Check if you want to save the customers payment info on PayTrace secure servers. This option will allow the customers to save their info and use it in future payments without entering their information again.
- Only the last 4 digits of the Credit Card, expiration date and their generated customer ID will be saved in the WooCommerce database.
- Customer will be able to manage their saved information from their ‘My Account’ Page.
- Customers using Checks(ACH) will also have the option to save them as a profile for future payments.
- Save Your Payment Method Text:
- Enter the text to prompt your customers to save their credit card info for easier future payments.
- The textarea accepts any kind of html attributes.
- PayTrace HTTPS Proxy Server:
Debug and Testing Settings
- Test Mode
- Enable PayTrace Test Mode.
- This option adds a test parameter to the payment request.
- Disable Test Mode to accept live payments.
- Debug Log:
- Recommended: Test Mode only.
- Debug log will provide you with most of the data and events generated by the payment process.
Questions & Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch the developer via the Help Desk.