WooCommerce Payments provides a facility for eligible accounts to request an instant deposit of some or all of the account’s balance. After requesting an instant deposit, money will arrive on a connected debit card within minutes instead of potentially days. Instant deposits can be completed any time, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
This document explains when instant deposits will be available and how to request an instant deposit.
Eligibility requirements ↑ Back to top
To be eligible to request an instant deposit, your account must meet the following criteria:
- Based in the US.
- More than 90 days old.
- Processed more than $1,000 in payments during the last 90 days.
- Less than 1% of transactions have resulted in a dispute over the last 90 days.
- Use a debit card as the payout method on your account.
Please note, participation in optional WooCommerce Payments features, like Instant Deposits, is at the sole discretion of the WooCommerce team and your account’s eligibility may differ to the above requirements.
Request an instant deposit ↑ Back to top
To request an instant deposit:
- Go to Payments > Deposits
- Click Instant deposit button in the top right corner
- Click Deposit now
The Instant deposit button will display for accounts that are eligible for instant deposits. If you do not see the instant deposit button, please confirm your account meets the eligibility criteria. If the button is visible but appears disabled in grey, then no balance is available for instant deposit.
Deposit limits ↑ Back to top
Unlike scheduled deposits, there is both a minimum and maximum deposit amount that can be processed through an instant deposit.
The minimum instant deposit amount is $50 per deposit. The maximum is $1,000 per day. Multiple instant deposits can be issued within these limits in a single day.
If the minimum limit has not been reached, or if the maximum limit has been exceeded, the button will be disabled and will not be able to be clicked on to open the instant deposit dialog.
Add a debit card as payout method ↑ Back to top
To request an instant deposit, you must have an eligible debit card connected to your WooCommerce Payments account.
To add a debit card as the payout method on your account:
- Go to Payments > Settings
- Click Manage in Stripe
- Click the pencil icon next to Payout details
- Click Debit card
- Enter your debit card’s number
- Enter your debit card’s expiration date
- Click Save
- Click Return to WooCommerce Payments
Unsupported banks ↑ Back to top
Nearly 6,000 banks in the US support instant deposits.
Banks that issue debit cards that do not support instant deposits are:
- Aba Card Solutions, Inc. Aba Card Solutions, Inc.
- Banco Coomeva S.A.
- Banco Popular De Puerto Rico
- Barrington Bank & Trust Company National Association
- Brenham Natl Bank
- Calvin B Taylor Bankingc
- Citizens Bank Swainsboro
- Cornercard Uk Ltd
- Dcb Bank Limited
- First Century Bank National Association
- Firstmerit Bank National Association
- Florida Capital Bank National Association
- Heartland Bank
- HSBC Bank USA, National Association
- J.P. Morgan Europe Limited
- Ky W Va Gas Co. Employees Federal Credit Union
- Madison County Bank
- Mb Financial Bank National Association
- Northbrook Bank & Trust Company
- Ravalli County Federal Credit Union
- Republic Bank
- Republic Bank of Chicago
- Sunrise Banks National Association
- Target Bank
- The Bank & Trust
- Tib The Independent Bankersbank
- Wesbanco Bank Inc.
WooCommerce Payments works with Stripe to process instant deposits. Stripe publishes a comprehensive list of banks which issue debit cards that provide support for instant deposits. To find the full list of bank support, please refer to the guide on Stripe.com.