If you created your WooCommerce Payments account under a company, you can update the name your business operates under by adding a Doing Business As Name to your account.
Changing the Business name ↑ Back to top
To change your business name:
- Go to Payments > Settings.
- Click Manage in Stripe to be taken to Stripe.com
- Click the pencil icon in the Business Details section.
- Enter the account verification code, if prompted.
- Enter the new name in the Doing business as field.
- Click Save.
- Optional: click Sign out to return to your WooCommerce dashboard.
Once an account is verified, you will have to contact Stripe support in order to make any updates to legal entity information (legal name, DOB, ID number) or to change your business type (for example, from an individual or single-member LLC to company). Changes to existing required verification information cannot be updated from the dashboard, as it must be verified in accordance with “Know Your Customer” requirements.