Installation ↑ Back to top
After installing and activating the theme, go to Settings > Permalinks and click the Save Changes button, even if there are have been no changes. This registers the custom post types used in the theme.
Go to Settings > Reading and set front page to display Your latest posts if you previously had a static page as your front page.
Setting up the Featured Area ↑ Back to top
The home page featured area pulls the custom “slides” post type. The number of slides depends on how many slides you published.
Adding a slide
To add a slide:
- Go to Slides > Add New.
- Enter a title for the slide and the body content.
- Add a “Slider Image” in the Custom Settings panel if you want to display an image in the slide.
Setting up the Blog ↑ Back to top
To add a Blog to the main navigation:
- Add a new Page in WordPress (Page -> Add New)
- Add a title to the page e.g. “Blog”
- Select the Blog page template in the Attributes panel on the right
If you are unsure on how to set up a page template, see our video at Page Template.
Widgets ↑ Back to top
There are 7 different widgetized areas in the Over Easy template.
Homepage (below the featured slider):
- Front Footer 1
- Front Footer 2
- Front Footer 3
Blog Pages (in the footer):
- Blog Footer 1
- Blog Footer 2
- Blog Footer 3
Sidebar (displayed site-wide):
- Blog Sidebar
Note: Go to Appearance > Widgets to add widgets.
To learn more, see: How to Add Widgets
There are five custom widgets:
- Read More (for front page)
- Testimonials (for front page)
- Ads (set up ads in options panel)