The WooCommerce Name Your Price extension lets you be flexible in what price you are willing to accept for selected products. You can use this extension to accept user-determined donations, gather pricing data or to take a new approach to selling products! You can suggest a price to your customers and optionally enforce a minimum acceptable price, but otherwise this extension allows the customer to enter the price he or she is willing to pay.
What’s New in 3.0
WooCommerce Name Your Price version 3.0 features a total rewrite of the front-end validation scripts. As the biggest rewrite to date, this release:
- Polishes the customer’s user experience (UX)
- Resolves a specific usability issue for hidden minimum prices or blank input fields
- Maintains, improves, and expands compatibility with the many plugins which integrate with Name Your Price
- Improves behavior where there can be more than one Name-Your-Price input on a page (such as with grouped products, product bundles, etc.)
- Introduces compatibility with WooCommerce.com’s PayPal Gateway’s smart buttons
- Adds improved accessibility for users of screen readers.
Minimum Requirements ↑ Back to top
- WooCommerce 3.1
- PHP 5.6.20
Product Type Support ↑ Back to top
Name Your Price works with the following WooCommerce product types:
- Simple Products
- Variable Products – individual variations can be Name Your Price-enabled
- Subscriptions – Both simple and variable subscriptions are supported.
- Product Bundles – The entire bundle can be Name Your Price. Per-product pricing supports simple products that are Name Your Price-enabled.
- Composite Products – same as Bundles
- Mix and Match Products – The entire package can be Name Your Price.
- WooCommerce Account Funds
Additionally, Name Your Price is also compatible with:
- WooCommerce Product Add-ons: Add-ons will detect the user-entered price and use it to calculate the product’s total price
- One Page Checkout: Product Table, Single Product, and Pricing Table templates
- PDF Product Vouchers – Sell customizable PDF site vouchers
- Bulk Shop – Display multiple products at once in a table for quick ordering
Installation ↑ Back to top
To install Name Your Price:
- Download the extension from your dashboard
- Unzip and upload the woocommerce-name-your-price folder to your site’s /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate ‘WooCommerce Name Your Price’ through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Plugin Settings ↑ Back to top
Name Your Price has several strings that can be modified from the plugin’s settings. Go to WooCommerce->Settings and and click on the Name Your Price tab. From here you can modify the add to cart button texts, the minimum, “From:” and suggested text strings. As of 3.0, the
%PRICE% string serves as a placeholder and will be replaced with the suggested or minimum price depending on whether you are editing the suggested or minimum price text.
How to Use ↑ Back to top
How to Use With Simple Products ↑ Back to top
To enable flexible, user-determined pricing on any simple product:
- Edit a product and look for the ‘Name Your Price’ checkbox in the Product Data metabox. Simple, subscription and bundle products will support customers naming their own price.
- Fill in the suggested and minimum prices as desired. The minimum price prevents products from being sold for less than you are willing to accept.
- Save the product. When viewing the product on the front-end, the suggested and minimum prices will be displayed in place of the regular price and a text input will appear above the Add to Cart Button where the customer can enter what she is willing to pay.
A Few Notes ↑ Back to top
To not display a suggested price, you can simply leave the suggested field blank. Similarly to not enforce a minimum price, you can leave the minimum field blank.
How to Use With Variable Products ↑ Back to top
As of Name Your Price 2.0, you can now have name your price variations on variable or variable Subscriptions products. Within each variation look for a “Name Your Price” checkbox and follow the same rules as simple products for suggested and minimum prices for each variation.
On the front-end when a Name Your Price variation is selected, the Name Your Price price input will appear.
How to Use With Subscription Products ↑ Back to top
Note: Use with Subscription products requires the WooCommerce Subscription Extension – users who do not have WooCommerce Subscriptions installed will not see a “Subscriptions” tab.
Subscription products work similarly to simple products. If you check the Name Your Price box, the subscription price box will be disabled in favor of the suggested and minimum price inputs. The subscription billing period inputs remain unchanged.
How to Let the Customer Choose a Subscription Billing Period ↑ Back to top
The best way to do this is to use Variable Subscriptions, which are similar to Variable Products.
Create a “Billing Period” attribute and define the terms as the periods you wish to allow, such as “Weekly” and “Monthly.”
Then create variations from these attributes and configure the variation’s billing period to match. Then set the variation to be “Name Your Price” and fill in the suggested and minimum prices.
Questions & Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch the developer via the Help Desk.