The Min/Max Quantities extension for WooCommerce allows you to define minimum and maximum allowable product quantities per product, order or variation. It also lets you define a group quantity if your product must be bought in groups of x.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the extension from your dashboard.
- Upload the plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate WooCommerce Min/Max Quantities from the Plugins menu within WordPress.
Order-level Rules ↑ Back to top
Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Products > General to view the settings:
All settings are optional and should be numeric integer (whole number) values.
- Minimum Order Qty – Customer must purchase no less than this quantity of items to checkout.
- Maximum Order Qty – Customer must purchase no more than this quantity of items to checkout.
- Minimum Order Value – Customer’s cart contents must cost more than this amount.
- Maximum Order Value – Customer’s cart contents must cost less than this amount.
Product-level Rules ↑ Back to top
Edit a product within your WordPress admin and look inside the product data panel. You will see the following:
Like the order settings, these are all optional. Numeric values should be whole numbers.
- Minimum quantity – Customer must purchase more than this amount.
- Maximum quantity – Customer must purchase less or equal to this amount.
- Group of… – Enter a quantity to only allow this product to be purchased in groups of X
- Order rules: Do not count – Exclude orders from the counts of the above per-order rules.
- Order rules: Exclude – Exclude from the per-order rules entirely.
- Category rules: Exclude – Exclude from category group-of-quantity rules.
Note: By default, when setting up Min/Max rules for variable products, the Min/Max rules will apply to each variation. As of version 2.4.0, an additional option named Allow Combination will appear when editing a Variable product. Enabling this option will enforce the Min/Max rules for the parent product and not per-variation.
Variation-level Rules ↑ Back to top
Variations inherit the main product settings (above), however, you can also define them per variation. To enable the settings to appear per-variation, check the Min/Max box:
Category-level Rules ↑ Back to top
If you go to Products > Categories and edit a category, you can set the group of option:
This lets you set up rules, such as “Customers must buy products in X category in groups of X only.”
What the customer sees ↑ Back to top
The extension modifies the frontend in the following ways:
- When adding items to the cart, an error is shown if they met the maximum limit, and the item is not added to the cart.
- When using the quantity selectors on single product pages only, the quantity selector will increment (or decrement) in multiples as configured in the “Group of…” setting.
- When viewing the cart, errors are shown if any rules are not met.
FAQ ↑ Back to top
Does Min/Max Quantities work with Composite Products? ↑ Back to top
Not at this time. Composite products are not recognized, so min/max rules are ignored.
Can Mix/Max Quantities be translated? ↑ Back to top
Yes, a POT file is included.
Questions and Feedback ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.