Managing WooCommerce.com subscriptions that you have purchased on WooCommerce.com is handled directly from within the WooCommerce plugin itself.
You can also manage both the ability to transfer and share your WooCommerce.com extensions directly from your My-Account on WooCommerce.com – making it easier for you to build sites for customers, or consolidate your extensions into one WooCommerce.com account.
Both transfers and sharing have specific use cases and these are explained below.
- Transferring is used to hand over an extension to a new owner. It includes both ownership and billing. Specific use cases would be:
- Consolidating purchases across multiple WooCommerce.com accounts.
- Handing over a site to a client once the site/store development is finished.
- Transferring ownership of an extension purchased on behalf of someone a company or agency.
- Sharing is used to give someone else access to the extension that you purchased. The original owner of the extension retains both the ownership and billing of the extension. Sharing would be used to:
- Allow a store builder to share either a single or multi-site subscription with their client.
Connect, download and activate product keys ↑ Back to top
As of WooCommerce 3.1, the former standalone WooCommerce Helper plugin was merged into WooCommerce itself. You can now connect, download your extensions and activate keys, all from one place. How can you make use of this new feature?
1/ Go to WooCommerce > Extensions.
2/ Select the WooCommerce.com Subscriptions tab, and connect your store to your WooCommerce.com account.
3/ Click the Allow button to approve the connection process.
Once you have connected your store and account, any purchases made personally or shared with you will appear in your list of Subscriptions to manage.
Once you have connected your store to your WooCommerce.com Subscriptions, you can:
- Download extensions to install them directly from your site.
- Activate/deactivate the subscription on your site.
- Receive updates and support for your connected extensions.
- Filter your extensions by installed/activated/download/update available.
- Upgrade a subscription if you reach the maximum number of activations.
- Enable auto-renew for subscriptions that are expiring.
- Purchase a new subscription for extensions that have expired.
Transferring subscriptions ↑ Back to top
How to transfer an extension/key ↑ Back to top
1/ Log in to your WooCommerce.com account, and go to: My Subscriptions.
2/ Select the extension you want to transfer, and click the Transfer link.
On the next screen, you can see the subscription you are about to transfer
4/ Enter the email address of the WooCommerce.com account you want to transfer the extension to.
5/ Confirm the email address.
6/ Click the Transfer button.
- On the next screen, a prompt asks you to confirm the transfer of this extension. Please note that this transfers both ownership and billing to the new owner.
7/ Click the Confirm button if you are happy to proceed.
What happens next ↑ Back to top
- A notification is sent to the email address you entered, asking them to accept the transfer.
- A notice appears that the extension transfer is pending acceptance in My-Account of the person who initiated the transfer.
- In My-Account of the person receiving the transfer, a notice indicates that they have an incoming transfer pending, and it can be confirmed or canceled.
Once the transfer is accepted, the extension is moved from the original owner’s account to the new owner’s account.
How to transfer one key of a multi-site subscription ↑ Back to top
It’s not possible to “break off” parts of a 5-site and/or 25-site subscription and transfer those keys to individual clients. Why? Because the key number belongs to the full package.
It is also not possible to link two different WooCommerce.com accounts to the same site as a way to share the ownership of extensions on one site.
You would need to purchase a separate subscription/key for every client or have them purchase it themselves on their own WordPress/WooCommerce account if they want ownership of the extension. Or you can share a single key in a multi-site subscription using the sharing feature by following these steps; in this case, you retain ownership.
Questions ↑ Back to top
Need assistance? Get in touch with a Woo Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.
Sharing subscriptions ↑ Back to top
How to share an extension/key ↑ Back to top
1/ Log into your WooCommerce.com account, and go to: My Subscriptions.
2/ Select the extension you want to share, and click the Share link.
- On the next screen, you can see the subscription you are about to share.
3/ Enter the email address of the WooCommerce.com account you want to share the extension with.
4/ Confirm the email address.
5/ Click the Share button.
- On the next screen, a prompt asks you to confirm the sharing of this extension. Note that this only shares use of the extension; both the ownership and billing remain with the original owner. If you prefer to transfer the extension – you can do so by following the steps above.
6/ Click the Confirm button if you are happy to proceed.
What happens next ↑ Back to top
- In My-Account of the customer who is receiving the shared extension, they are able to see the shared extension listed, and the email address of the person who shared that extension with them once the extension is activated. Both sharing and transferring if disabled on shared extensions for the person with whom the extension is shared.
- In the connected WooCommerce.com Subscriptions tab within WooCommerce Core, the shared extension is now visible. This extension can then be download and installed, and updates are available as long as the original subscription remains active. If you need assistance connecting your WooCommerce site to your WooCommerce.com account, follow these steps.
- In My-Account of the person who shared the extension, they can see the email address and the site URL on which the extension is being used. They can also deactivate the connection if they wish and also remove the share, if wanted.
FAQ ↑ Back to top
I don’t wish to update to WooCommerce 3.1x. ↑ Back to top
Directions for the former WooCommerce Helper are still available for the old WooCommerce Helper, but are no longer being updated. We recommend updating to the latest version of WooCommerce to simplify management of your account, extensions, and keys. Versions lower than 3.1. are also no longer supported. For supported versions of WooCommerce by the team, have a look at this section of the Frequently Answered Questions.