Krokedil Product Documents makes it easy for you to display and send documents to your customers related to a specific product.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin the file you have downloaded.
- Install Now and Activate.
More information at Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
The plugin has one single setting – to enable or disable including of product documents in emails sent to the customer.
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings> Product Documents.
- Tick the Include documents checkbox to add product documents in order emails. When this feature is activated, and a product with a document assigned to it exists in an order, the email sent to the customer will include a new section with links to the documents.
Add documents to a product ↑ Back to top
The plugin adds a new product data tab named Documents.
In this tab you can:
- Add one or several documents to the product.
- Drag and drop the display order of the documents.
- Change the title of the documents.
- Change the documents tab name displayed in the front-end.
To assign a document to a product you:
- Click on the Add new files button.
- Select the document you want to assign.
- Click the Update button in the top right Publish metabox.
- If you want to change the document title or reorder the documents display order, make sure to Update the product again when you’re finished.
Front-end view ↑ Back to top
The plugin adds a new product tab displayed on the single product page. Each document is listed with the file name or the specified document title, along with an icon illustrating the document’s file type.