Klarna Payments for WooCommerce is a plugin that extends WooCommerce, allowing you to take payments via Klarna.
- Klarna Payments is available in United States, United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Austria and Netherlands.
- You need an agreement with Klarna to be able to use this plugin.
- WooCommerce 3.0 or newer is required.
- PHP 5.6 or higher is required.
Related documentation ↑ Back to top
- v2 to v3 transition guide
Step-by-step guide on how to switch from old plugin to Klarna Payments for WooCommerce plugin.
- Order management
Read more about how to manage Klarna orders directly from WooCommerce.
Required WooCommerce settings ↑ Back to top
- Make sure that you have enabled pretty permalinks in your WordPress installation. Otherwise callbacks from Klarna back to your store won’t work and orders will not be updated with the correct order status/information.
- To get the order total to match between WooCommerce and Klarna you need to configure WooCommerce to display prices with 2 decimals. More information about displaying of prices and how it can cause rounding issues can be found in this article.
Configuration ↑ Back to top
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Klarna Payments.
- Enable Klarna Payments by checking the Enable Klarna Payments checkbox.
- Title – Enter the title for the payment method displayed in the checkout and order confirmation emails
- Description – Enter the description of the payment method displayed in the checkout.
- Test mode – Tick the checkbox if you make purchases using a test account.
- Logging – Logging events in the module. The log can be found by navigating to → WooCommerce → System Status → Logs.
- What is Klarna link – Tick the checkbox if you want to float the What is Klarna link to the right.
- Product URLs – Tick the checkbox if you want to send product and product image URLs to Klarna.
Country settings ↑ Back to top
Each Klarna country has its own set of country specific settings. By adding merchant credentials to a specific country you also enable Klarna Payments as an available payment method for that country. Note that you need an agreement with Klarna for each country enabled and your store needs to be able to process purchases in the local currency.
- Description – Add a description for the specific country. If no description is added, the default description will be used.
- Title – Add a title for the specific country. If no title is added, the default title will be used.
- Production username – Username that you received from Klarna.
- Production password – Password that you received from Klarna
- Test username – Username for test purchases that you received from Klarna (if you have applied for a test account).
- Test password – Password for test purchases that you received from Klarna (if you have applied for a test account).
Iframe settings ↑ Back to top
With the iframe settings section you have the possibility to alter the appearance of the Klarna Payments Widget displayed in the checkout. Here you can change things like background colors, button colors and text colors.
Compatibility with themes & plugins ↑ Back to top
- Klarna Payments should work with most themes. However, the plugin is only tested with the Storefront theme and we do not guarantee that it will work with other themes. Common situations when errors occur are:
– Themes/plugins with customized template files for WooCommerce checkout page.
– Themes/plugins that removes standard checkout fields.
– Themes/plugins that modifies the checkout into a multi step checkout.
- The plugin and Klarna only handle product quantity that is specified as an integer. For instance you can’t send 1.5 as the product quantity to Klarna. If you sell products where you charge by length or dimension we recommend that you use the Measurement Price Calculator plugin.
- WooCommerce does not offer multi currency support. This can be handled via several different plugins. This plugin is compatible with the Currency Switcher for WooCommerce plugin from Aelia. We do not guarantee that other multi currency plugins will work together with the Klarna plugin.
Krokedil and Klarna do not offer help with adapting your theme or plugin within regular support.
Troubleshooting ↑ Back to top
- If Klarna Payments isn’t displayed as an available payment method in checkout page make sure customer billing country is one of countries you have entered Klarna Payments credentials for and that selected currency matches customer billing country.
Go live ↑ Back to top
When the installation is done and you are ready to go live you need to contact Klarna integration support. Klarna will then verify the integration before the shop goes live.