How to install a plugin ↑ Back to top
To install and activate your new plugin/extension:
- Go to your WooCommerce Account Dashboard Downloads page.
- Click the Download icon to download the plugin .zip file to your computer.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload.
- Select Upload Plugin at the top.
- Choose File and select the .zip file you downloaded in step 2.
- Install Now.
- Activate the plugin.
WooCommerce Helper ↑ Back to top
Upon your first WooCommerce Plugin activation, a notice to Install & Activate will appear for the WooCommerce Helper plugin (previously called WooThemes Updater).
Once installed, go to your WordPress site Dashboard > WooCommerce Helper to connect your WooCommerce keys. Connecting key(s) in WooCommerce Helper will enable update notifications that alert you when a new version of a plugin is released.
Connect your subscription key ↑ Back to top
On the Subscriptions screen, you should see all installed products with an option to connect your key.
To automatically connect keys:
- Click the Connect your WooCommerce.com Account button.
- Log into the appropriate WooCommerce.com account, if needed.
- Click Connect Account.
All keys are inserted for you.
To manually connect keys:
- Log into your WooCommerce Account.
- Go to My Subscriptions to copy the key.
- Go to: WordPress Dashboard > WooCommerce Helper menu option to enter your key. If you are running a Multisite Network, go to the Network Admin > Dashboard to find the WooCommerce Subscriptions option.
- Connect Subscriptions to save.
You need to have a connected key for your plugin or extension to receive:
- Two-click updates of the plugin/extension
- Support for the plugin/extension through our Help Desk
Deactivate/reconnect your subscription key
1. Go to your WooCommerce Account Dashboard > My Subscriptions page: https://www.woocommerce.
2. Deactivate the key.
3. Copy the key from the product(s) you need.
4. Go to your WordPress site Dashboard > WooCommerce Helper > Subscriptions tab.
5. Reconnect by pasting the key into the field of your product.
6. Connect Subscriptions to save.
We also recommend this as a troubleshooting step if you see a message saying your keys are deactivated or need to be activated.
Missing product or key
In the majority of cases, products and keys are on another WooCommerce account or were bought on behalf of a client and are on their account.