WooCommerce Group Coupons is an extension for WooCommerce, that allows to limit coupons by groups and roles.
Requirements ↑ Back to top
- To restrict coupons by role, no specific requirements need to be met.
- To restrict coupons by group, the Groups plugin is required.
- To automatically assign users to groups based on product purchases, the WooCommerce Groups extension is recommended, but it is not a requirement for this extension’s features to be fully supported.
Installation ↑ Back to top
Install and activate the WooCommerce Group Coupons plugin.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
A new menu item WooCommerce > Group Coupons gives access to several options that can be adjusted:
- Automatic group coupons – enabled options to apply coupons automatically based on group memberships.
- Coupon error message – allows to customize the notice shown when a customer tries to apply a coupon code
- Roles – enables role restriction options.
- Logout – to completely remove any coupons applied to a cart after a user logs out.
New coupon settings ↑ Back to top
Once the plugin is installed and activated, coupons will show additional settings:
Groups – limit the coupon to group members ↑ Back to top
Only members of the selected groups will be allowed to use the coupon. If no group is selected, the coupon is not restricted to any group members.
Automatic application – apply the coupon to group members automatically ↑ Back to top
The coupon will be applied automatically to members of any of the selected groups.
It’s important to note that this does not limit the coupon to group members, anyone could use the coupon – it will just not be applied to anyone automatically. If the coupon should only be available to members of the selected groups, you must also limit the coupon to these groups.
Roles – limit the coupon to roles ↑ Back to top
Only users who have one of the selected roles will be allowed to use the coupon. If no role is selected, the coupon is not restricted to any roles. It’s worth noting that for example an Administrator will not be allowed to use a coupon that is restricted to a Contributor and vice-versa. If you want several roles to be able to use the coupon, you must check each role here.
Coupons Overview ↑ Back to top
The limiting groups, groups for which coupons are applied automatically and limiting roles are displayed in the Coupons section:
Displaying Coupons ↑ Back to top
To display a coupon, the
[group_coupons] shortcode is used.
Use the shortcode by embedding it on a page where you want to show the coupons handled by the extension to your customers.
Coupons are displayed when valid (validity is based on the user account, coupon settings and the shortcode settings).
Shortcode attributes ↑ Back to top
- color : defaults to
blue, also supports
yellowfor built-in styles and other values for custom CSS rules
- order_by : defaults to
code, also accepts
- order : default to
ASC, also accepts
- auto : defaults to
no, whether coupons that are automatically applied should be included, use
yesto include those
- groups : defaults to
yes, whether coupons that are limited to groups should be included, use
- roles : defaults to
yes, whether coupons that are limited to roles should be included, use
- show_cart_invalid : defaults to
true, coupons that require cart conditions to be valid should be included although the current cart does not meet those conditions, use
- stylesheet : indicate a URL to load a custom stylesheet, when empty will not load a stylesheet, defaults to
nulland loads the stylesheet with built-in styles
- show_discount : By default, coupons show the type of discount. Use
show_discount="no"to disable that.
Examples ↑ Back to top
Default – The default version will display coupon codes that are valid based on the user’s group memberships and roles:
Only auto – To only display coupons that are applied automatically:
[group_coupons auto="yes" groups="no" roles="no"]
Only roles – To display coupons that are valid for the user based on roles only:
[group_coupons auto="no" groups="no" roles="yes"]
All group coupons – To display coupons that are valid for the user based on groups and roles:
[group_coupons auto="yes" groups="yes" roles="yes"]