FooSales for WooCommerce is a secure point of sale (POS) system that turns any computer into a cash register.
Getting Started ↑ Back to top
Step 1: Install the FooSales for WooCommerce plugin
Step 2: Launch FooSales for WooCommerce
Select the FooSales Point of Sale menu option in your WordPress Admin Area to launch the FooSales for WooCommerce front-end: https://yoursiteURL/foosales/
Step 3: Connect your store
Enter your Consumer Key and Secret Key to connect your store to FooSales for WooCommerce. If you need help generating API keys, go to the WooCommerce REST API.
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File
- Install Now and Activate the extension
More information can be found here: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced > FooSales for WooCommerce
- Products to display: Choose to display products from specific categories or show all products
- Products per page: Set the number of products to display per page
- Receipts/Tax Invoices: These details are optional and will be displayed on the receipts/tax invoices printed from orders generated by FooSales for WooCommerce. The Receipts/Tax Invoices section include a number of optional text inputs that allow you to override the terms used on Receipts/Tax Invoices.
Tax Settings ↑ Back to top
The tax rate that is applied to an order will be determined based on the customer’s location and the corresponding WooCommerce tax rate settings.
FooSales for WooCommerce uses the tax settings that are stored in your WooCommerce settings: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/setting-up-taxes-in-woocommerce/
If you’ve set a tax rate for your State under WooCommerce > Settings > Tax > Standard Rate then FooSales for WooCommerce will use this tax rate. If no tax rate is set for your State then no tax will be added.
If an order is processed using a guest customer, FooSales for WooCommerce will look at your store’s address which you set WooCommerce > Settings > General
Printing Invoices ↑ Back to top
To print invoices on standard desktop printers, you can use your default print settings to print in Letter/A4 format.
If you have a thermal receipt printer, here are the steps for configuring and printing your receipts:
- Choose your receipt printer
- Print all pages
- Select portrait layout
- Choose the width of your receipt paper
- The paper length can be the longest option available as the printer will continue printing until it reaches the bottom of the receipt and then automatically cut the paper
- Set the number of pages per sheet to ‘1’
- Disable headers and footers
- Google Chrome – with margin set to ‘default’ it will show the checkbox
- Mozilla Firefox – Set the header and footer options to ‘blank’
- Apple Safari – Uncheck the header and footer checkbox
- Margins must be set to ‘none’
- Scale should be set to ‘default’ or 100%
Plugin Updates ↑ Back to top
Automatic plugin updates should work seamlessly, however, as best practice we recommend ensuring that your site is always backed-up before updating any plugins.
If you encounter any issues relating to the shop/category pages after a plugin update, please flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and clicking Save. This should revert things back to normal.
Frequently Asked Questions ↑ Back to top
Q: Do you charge for technical support?
A: Support is free with an active FooSales for WooCommerce subscription, however, the only channel that we currently offer is via email. Our support team is distributed across a few different time zones and is only available in English at present.
Q: How safe and private is my data?
A: FooSales for WooCommerce is ultra secure since it does not store any of your store data on our servers. All of your data remains on your own website, tablet or computer. FooSales for WooCommerce simply connects to your website, pulls your product catalog, and sends new orders back to your site. FooSales for WooCommerce also complies with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for added peace of mind.
Q: Does FooSales for WooCommerce work anywhere in the world?
A: FooSales for WooCommerce works in any country that WooCommerce supports. FooSales for WooCommerce is currently available in English only.
Q: How long does the FooSales for WooCommerce setup process take?
A: FooSales for WooCommerce is essentially an extension of your WooCommerce website so you have already done all the hard work!
Q: Can I run FooSales for WooCommerce on any computer?
A: Yes! FooSales for WooCommerce runs in most modern web browsers including Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Q: How difficult is it to setup FooSales for WooCommerce as I’m not very technical?
A: The FooSales for WooCommerce setup process is very easy. The most technical part is installing the FooSales for WooCommerce WordPress plugin and connecting your WooCommerce store to FooSales. The first time you use FooSales for WooCommerce, you might need some help generating your Consumer Key and Secret Key to connect your website to FooSales.
Q: Can I use FooSales without WooCommerce?
A: Unfortunately, not at the moment. FooSales for WooCommerce is a point of sale solution that is specifically designed and built for the WooCommerce platform.
Q: Can I use FooSales for WooCommerce to manage multiple WooCommerce websites?
A: Yes, if you purchase a multi-domain subscription.
Q: Does FooSales for WooCommerce store my data or transmit it to any third-parties?
A: FooSales for WooCommerce connects directly to your WooCommerce database using a secure API which fetches your store data (customers, products and orders). None of this information is saved or passed on to any third-party servers, including our own.
WooCommerce handles all the eCommerce functionality and payment processing in exactly the same way as your online store.
FooSales for WooCommerce complies with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for added peace of mind.
Q: How do I configure FooSales for WooCommerce to work with an NGINX server?
A: If your site runs on an NGINX server, please add the following line of code to your server config file and restart the server in order to ensure that it runs properly:
rewrite ^/foosales/static/(.*) /wp-content/plugins/foosales-for-woocommerce/public/build/static/$1;