Flat Rate Shipping is a free shipping method in WooCommerce that allows you define a standard rate per item, per shipping class or per order.
Flat Rate Shipping works with Product Shipping Classes, adding more power and flexibility.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to Top
To use this method it must be added to a Shipping Zone.
1. Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping.
2. Select a Shipping Zone, and click the + icon to Add Shipping Method. A modal window will display.
3. Select Flat Rate from the dropdown.
4. Click Add shipping method.
5. Click Flat Rate in the row you wish to define.
This takes you to a different screen.
6. Enter a Title that displays to customers in checkout.
7. Select Tax Status – Define whether or not tax is applied to the shipping amount.
8. Enter Cost – Applied to entire cart. Add additional costs per item to this field. See Advanced Costs below.
9. Save changes.
Advanced Costs ↑ Back to Top
The Cost field allows you to charge a flat rate per item, a percentage based cost or a minimum fee.
- [qty] – Number of products in the cart
- [fee] – An additional fee. This fee has two optional arguments.
- percent – A percentage based on total order cost.
- min_fee – A minimum amount. Useful when using percentages.
10 + ( 2 * [qty] )– A base shipping cost of $10 plus $2 for each item in the cart.
20 + [fee percent="10" min_fee="4"]– A base shipping cost of $20 plus 10% of the order total, which is at least $4.
Shipping Classes ↑ Back to Top
If you have shipping classes, the interface adds a few more fields:
- There is one cost field for each shipping class.
- No Shipping Class Cost – Useful if you use the Per Class option below. Otherwise, use the Cost field.
- Calculation Type – Two options:
- Per Order – Picks the most expensive option based on shipping costs in the cart.
- Per Class – Charges shipping for each shipping class.