Overview ↑ Back to top
Facebook for WooCommerce connects your WooCommerce store to Facebook to let you reach a wider audience. This plugin installs the Facebook pixel on your WooCommerce store, letting you create ads that target website visitors and find more new customers. You can also sync your WooCommerce catalog to Facebook to let customers browse your products from your business Facebook page. Facebook for WooCommerce can also add Facebook Messenger to your WooCommerce site to make it easier to chat with customers on your store or Facebook.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the extension from the Facebook for WooCommerce product page.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and select the ZIP file you just downlaoded.
- Click Install Now and then Activate.
- Click Settings and read the next section to learn how to setup the plugin.
Getting Started ↑ Back to top
Follow the steps below to connect your store to Facebook:
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Facebook and click Get Started.
- If you’re not already logged into Facebook, you’ll be prompted to enter your credentials and log in. Once logged in, you can proceed through the onboarding wizard.
- Choose a Facebook Page to connect to your site. You can click Create a Page to create a new Facebook Page. Click Next.
- Choose a Facebook Pixel to install on your site. If you don’t have any Pixels yet, you will be prompted to create one. Click Next
- You’re now ready to sync your product catalog to Facebook. Click Finish to complete onboarding.
Sync Products to Facebook ↑ Back to top
Once your shop is connected to Facebook, your products will sync to Facebook periodically. However, there are a few settings related to when syncing occurs and what information is sent to Facebook.
General sync settings ↑ Back to top
You can force products to sync by going to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Facebook and clicking Sync Products.
You can also open the Advanced Settings section for more options around product sync, such as:
- When to automatically resync products
- Disable product sync altogether
- Sync the product short description instead of the full description
Product sync settings ↑ Back to top
From the Products page, you can click the Hide button in the FB Shop column to hide a product from the Facebook catalog. It will still sync, though, so you can click Show when you’d like to reveal this product again.
When you select a product, you have a few more options on the Facebook tab if you would like to show different information for this product on Facebook:
- Facebook Description: Enter a description that will appear on Facebook for this product. Leave blank to use the default description.
- Facebook Product Image: Enter a URL for the product image you want to use for this product on Facebook. Leave blank to use the default product image.
- Facebook Price: Enter a price that will appear on Facebook for this product. Leave blank to use the default price.
Enabling Facebook Messenger ↑ Back to top
You can enable Messenger on your site by going to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Facebook and clicking Add Features.
In the pop-up window, find the Messenger Chat feature, click View, and then Add Plugin.
You can adjust the default language, greeting, and colors in the setup wizard.
The Messenger app will appear on your site frontend, where customers can start chatting with you!
Frequently Asked Questions ↑ Back to top
Q: Help! I’ve been locked out of my Facebook account. What should I do?
A: We’re so sorry about that! We’re working to fix this issue in the Facebook for WooCommerce plugin, but in the meantime, you can fill out this form so the Facebook team can begin recovering your account.
Q: My virtual products aren’t syncing to Facebook – how can I fix that?
A: Facebook for WooCommerce does not currently sync Virtual products. However, if you’re interested in adding support for this feature, please contact our support team!
Questions & Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy or already purchased and need some assistance? Please check out our frequently asked questions for common issues or contact support via the help desk if you need more help.