Overview ↑ Back to top
Facebook for WooCommerce connects your WooCommerce store to Facebook to let you reach a wider audience. This plugin installs the Facebook pixel on your WooCommerce store, letting you create ads that target website visitors and find more new customers. You can also sync your WooCommerce catalog to Facebook to let customers browse your products from your business Facebook page. Facebook for WooCommerce can also add Facebook Messenger to your WooCommerce site to make it easier to chat with customers on your store or Facebook.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the extension from the Facebook for WooCommerce product page.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and select the ZIP file you just downlaoded.
- Click Install Now and then Activate.
- Click Settings and read the next section to learn how to setup the plugin.
Getting Started ↑ Back to top
Follow the steps below to connect your store to Facebook:
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Facebook and click Get Started.
- If you’re not already logged into Facebook, you’ll be prompted to enter your credentials and log in. Once logged in, you can proceed through the onboarding wizard.
- Click Next on the Welcome screen.
- Choose a Facebook Page to connect to your site. You can click Create a Page to create a new Facebook Page. Click Next.
- Choose a Facebook Pixel to install on your site. If you don’t have any Pixels yet, you will be prompted to create one. Click Next
- You’re now ready to sync your product catalog to Facebook. Click Finish to complete onboarding.
Connection Settings ↑ Back to top
To confirm which Facebook page and pixel your site is connected to, head to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Facebook and review the connection settings section. From this section you can remove the connection by clicking the “Manage connection” button and heading to Advanced Options > Remove.
Sync Products to Facebook ↑ Back to top
Once your shop is connected to Facebook, your products will sync to Facebook periodically and when products are updated within your WooCommerce store.
You can set up the plugin to automatically sync all products to your Facebook catalog or choose to exclude specific products, variations, categories, or tags.
Settings ↑ Back to top
You can find the general product sync settings under WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Facebook where you can trigger a manual product sync, choose to exclude certain tags or categories, and schedule sync to occur at a specific time of the day.
- Sync products: Clicking this button will force a product sync to occur in the background. Product syncs automatically run so use this only when your Facebook catalog is out of sync
- Enable product sync: Use this setting to enable or disable product syncing.
- Exclude categories from sync: Set one or more categories of products that shouldn’t be synced to Facebook.
- Exclude tags from sync: Set one or more tags of products that shouldn’t be synced to Facebook.
- Product description sync: Choose whether to display the product’s standard description or short description in the Facebook catalog.
- Force daily resync at: Schedule a resync to occur at a specific time every day.
Product sync settings ↑ Back to top
From the Products page, you can view whether Facebook sync is enabled or disabled in the FB Sync Enabled column and hide products from Facebook catalog using the buttons in the FB Catalog Visibility column. Hidden products will still sync, though, so you can click Show when you’d like to reveal this product again.
If excluding categories or tags from product syncing doesn’t provide you with enough control, you can enable and disable product syncing of multiple products at once using the product bulk actions.
To further help manage your products, you can quickly filter your products based on the Facebook sync setting using the helpful dropdown the plugin adds to the Product page.
When you select a product, you have a few more options on the Facebook tab if you would like to show different information for this product on Facebook:
- Include in Facebook sync: Choose whether the product should be included in Facebook sync.
- Facebook Description: Enter a description that will appear on Facebook for this product. Leave blank to use the default description.
- Facebook Product Image: Choose whether the WooCommerce image or a custom image should be synced to Facebook.
- Custom Image URL: Enter a URL for the product image you want to use for this product on Facebook.
- Facebook Price: Enter a price that will appear on Facebook for this product. Leave blank to use the default price.
Enabling Facebook Messenger ↑ Back to top
You can enable Messenger on your site by going to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Facebook and selecting Enable Messenger.
You can adjust the default language, greeting, and colors in the settings as well.
The Messenger app will appear on your site frontend, where customers can start chatting with you!
Setting your “away” hours and message ↑ Back to top
From Facebook, you can setup days and times when Messenger will automatically send an “away” message to any customers that begin a chat. This applies to both the Messenger in Facebook and the Messenger added to your WooCommerce site. It’s important to set yourself as “away” when you can’t respond quickly to messages, both to provide good service to your customers and because messages sent while you’re “away” aren’t included in the response rate/time calculations that Facebook publishes on your business page.
Follow the steps below to configure your away times and message:
- Login to Facebook and go to your business page.
- Click Inbox.
- Go to Automated Responses.
- On the Away message tab, click Edit.
- In the Timing section, update the days/times to when you are away (i.e. set your “closed” hours). You can click the Add Time button to add new rows as needed. This will determine when the away message is sent after a customer chats in Messenger.
- In the Message section, update the away message text. Click Add Personalization to add merge tags to personalize the message with the customer’s name, your store name, etc. You can see a preview of the message on the right side of the screen.
- Click Save.
This message will now appear during the indicated days/times when a customer sends a message in Messenger from Facebook or your WooCommerce store.
You can also set yourself as “away” outside of your scheduled away hours by going to the Inbox and selecting the messenger icon in the Main toolbar. From here, you can switch between “Available” and “Away”.
Frequently Asked Questions ↑ Back to top
Q: Help! I’ve been locked out of my Facebook account. What should I do?
A: We’re so sorry about that! We’re working to fix this issue in the Facebook for WooCommerce plugin, but in the meantime, you can fill out this form so the Facebook team can begin recovering your account.
Q: My virtual products aren’t syncing to Facebook – how can I fix that?
A: Facebook for WooCommerce does not currently sync Virtual products. However, if you’re interested in adding support for this feature, please contact our support team!
Questions & Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy or already purchased and need some assistance? Please check out our frequently asked questions for common issues or contact support via the help desk if you need more help.