Overview ↑ Back to top
Facebook for WooCommerce connects your WooCommerce store to Facebook to let you reach a wider audience. With this plugin, you can:
- Sync your WooCommerce catalog to Facebook to let customers browse your products from your Facebook Page shop and create product-based ads.
- Install Facebook pixel to support retargeting ads, find new customers, and track ad effectiveness.
- Use Facebook Messenger to easily chat with customers on your store or Facebook.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the extension from the Facebook for WooCommerce product page.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now and then Activate.
- Click Configure and read the next section to learn how to setup the plugin.
Getting Started ↑ Back to top
Follow the steps below to connect your store to Facebook:
- Go to WooCommerce > Facebook and click Get Started.
- This will launch the Facebook setup wizard, which will ask you to:
- Once setup is complete, you can go back to your site admin to configure other settings and features.
You can view your connected assets at any time from the WooCommerce > Facebook > Connection tab. To manage your connected assets and enable other features, such as setting up your Facebook Page Shop, click Manage Connection to open the Facebook Business Extension tool.
Sync products to Facebook ↑ Back to top
Once your shop is connected to Facebook, your products will sync to Facebook periodically and when products are updated within your WooCommerce store.
Global product sync settings ↑ Back to top
From WooCommerce > Facebook > Product sync, you can control global settings that will apply to all synced products.
- Enable product sync: Choose whether to sync products to your Facebook catalog.
- Exclude categories from sync: Select one or more categories of products that shouldn’t be synced to Facebook.
- Exclude tags from sync: Select one or more tags of products that shouldn’t be synced to Facebook.
- Product description sync: Choose whether to display the product’s standard or short description in the Facebook catalog.
Product sync settings ↑ Back to top
From the Products page, you can manage the sync settings and display options for individual products. You can use filters to view products based on their sync status and bulk actions to update sync status for multiple products.
When editing a product, you can navigate to the Facebook tab for simple products or the Variations tab for variable products to manage Facebook settings:
- Facebook sync: Choose whether the product should be synced and shown in the Facebook catalog, synced but hidden in the Facebook catalog, or not synced at all.
- Facebook description: Replace the default product description with a specific Facebook description, or leave blank to use the default description.
- Facebook product image: Choose what image should be used for this product on Facebook.
- Facebook price: Replace the default price with a specific Facebook price, or leave blank to use the default price.
Use Facebook Messenger ↑ Back to top
You can add Messenger to your site from WooCommerce > Facebook, clicking Manage Connection, and clicking Add by Messenger Chat.
You can then adjust the language, default greeting, and widget color to better match your site’s brand and voice.
Once enabled, the Messenger widget will appear on your site so customers can chat with you. Conversations can carry over between Facebook and your WooCommerce site.
You can view your Messenger settings from the WooCommerce > Facebook > Messenger tab.
Setting your away hours and message ↑ Back to top
In Facebook, you can configure days and times when Messenger should automatically send an away message to your customers that start chatting. These settings apply to Messenger in Facebook and on your WooCommerce site.
It’s important to set yourself as “away” when you can’t respond quickly to messages, both to provide good customer service and to ensure your reported response rate / time calculations published on your Facebook Page aren’t negatively impacted by long delays.
Follow the steps below to configure your away times and message:
- Login to Facebook and go to your business page.
- Click Inbox.
- Go to Automated Responses.
- On the Away message tab, click Edit.
- In the Timing section, update the days/times to when you are away (i.e. set your “closed” hours). You can click the Add Time button to add new rows as needed. This will determine when the away message is sent after a customer chats in Messenger.
- In the Message section, update the away message text. Click Add Personalization to add merge tags to personalize the message with the customer’s name, your store name, etc. You can see a preview of the message on the right side of the screen.
- Click Save.
This message will now appear during the indicated days/times when a customer sends a message in Messenger from Facebook or your WooCommerce store.
You can also set yourself as “away” outside of your scheduled away hours by going to the Inbox and selecting the messenger icon in the Main toolbar. From here, you can switch between “Available” and “Away”.
Frequently Asked Questions ↑ Back to top
Q: How can I tell if the Facebook Pixel has been properly installed on my site?
A: The Pixel Helper is a small Chrome extension provided by Facebook which will allow you to verify that your pixel has been properly installed and works as expected. Learn more about the extension here and download it here.
Q: Help! I’ve been locked out of my Facebook account. What should I do?
A: We’re so sorry about that! This should now be a rare occurence in the plugin, but can occur if you create a Facebook account immediately before setting up business accounts, pages, and other assets. You can fill out this form so the Facebook team can begin recovering your account.
Q: Why are my products not displayed on my shop after installing the plugin?
A: If none of the products have synced to Facebook, the most likely reason for this issue is due to the Facebook shop having been set up outside of our plugin’s wizard causing your Facebook page to link to a Facebook catalog other than the one our plugin uses. You can find out more about this configuration issue along with steps for how to address it in this document.
Q: My pixel is missing or not available. How can I see all the pixel’s through the plugin setup window?
A: At this time, only Personal Ad Account pixels can be selected through the plugin setup window, pixels created through Business Manager will not be available.
Q: Customers are being sent directly to checkout when choosing to purchase a product. How can I send them to the product page instead?
A: The Facebook for WooCommerce plugin provides both the checkout URL and the product URL to Facebook and leaves this decision to your Facebook settings. By default, the checkout URLs are used. However, you can decide which will be used in your Facebook page’s shop settings.
Questions & Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy or already purchased and need some assistance? Please check out our frequently asked questions for common issues or get in touch with support via the help desk if you need more help.