The Disability VAT Exemption extension for WooCommerce allows customers and charities to declare themselves VAT Exempt in checkout.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Settings ↑ Back to top
To configure the extension, go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Tax.
- Disability Message – Shown next to the disability reason field on the checkout.
- Show charity form? – Displayed next to the VAT input on the checkout.
- Charity Message – Shown next to the Charity fields on the checkout.
Usage ↑ Back to top
Administration ↑ Back to top
To add the Disability VAT Exemption to your products, select “Disability VAT exemption” in the Product Data box under the General tab.
Prices ↑ Back to top
Prices are automatically displayed without tax if an eligible user is logged in.
Checkout Page ↑ Back to top
On checkout, a form is shown for disability reason and/or charity name and reg number:
After inputting either a disability reason, or a charity name + number, items are taxed at your zero rate. You must have a zero-rate tax class setup in WooCommerce > Settings > Taxes for this to work.
Reasons and other input is stored in the order’s custom fields, and also shown in order emails.
Questions ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.