Overview ↑ Back to top
WooCommerce CyberSource is a gateway plugin that allows you to take credit card payments via CyberSource directly on your site, using the SOAP Toolkit API.
Requirements ↑ Back to top
- A CyberSource account (fees apply)
- PHP 5.6+ (You can see this under WooCommerce > Status)
- An SSL certificate on your site
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Click the Configure link and read the next section to learn how to setup and configure the plugin.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
You must have an active gateway account with CyberSource in order to make use of this plugin. Once you have contacted CyberSource and set up an account with the SOAP Toolkit API enabled, you will be able to configure the plugin.
Generate Security Keys
CyberSource uses a security key to perform SOAP transactions. If you want to perform test transactions, you’ll have to repeat these steps for your Test as well as Live accounts. To generate a security key:
- Log in to CyberSource business center with the merchant ID provided to you by CyberSource
- Go to Account Management > Transaction Security Keys > Security Keys for the SOAP Toolkit API and click ‘Generate’.
- Be sure to save this key in a safe place.
Extension Settings ↑ Back to top
To configure the plugin, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments and select CyberSource.
- Enable / Disable – Enable or disable the payment method.
- Title – The name of the payment method customers will see during checkout.
- Description – The description of the payment method customers will see during checkout.
- Transaction Type – Choose whether to only authorize the customers card for the purchase amount (which will require you to later capture charges from your CyberSource account) by selecting “Authorize”, or to both authorize and collect the funds by selecting “Charge” (this is the most common option).
- Card Verification (CSC) – Enable to collect card security codes on checkout. Some merchant accounts require the card security code for processing.
- Accepted Cards – This controls the card logos that display during checkout. This is purely cosmetic and has no affect on the cards actually accepted by your merchant account.
- Environment – Enable “Test” if you are using a developer/test account from CyberSource, or “Production” to process live payments.
- Merchant ID – This is the ID assigned to you by CyberSource, which you use to log into the Business Center.
- Test Transaction Security Key – Enter the transaction security key for the test account, which can be obtained by following the instructions above under Generate Security Keys. This setting can be configured when test mode is enabled.
- Live Transaction Security Key – Enter the transaction security key for the live account, which can be obtained by following the instructions above under Generate Security Keys. This setting can be configured when production mode is enabled.
- Debug Mode – Enable this if you are having issues correctly processing transactions. You can either log API requests / responses directly to the checkout / thank you page, save them to the WooCommerce Error Log (found under WooCommerce > System Status > Logs) or both. All debugging messages are cleaned of sensitive information before display, but as a best practice, please do not enable this unless you are having issues with the plugin.
Testing ↑ Back to top
To perform test transactions, first configure the plugin for test mode, as described above under Setup and Configuration.
Use the following information at checkout:
- Card Number – 4111111111111111
- Card Type – VISA
- Expiration Date – any date in the future
- Card Security Code – any string, ie 123
Note that you must have used a valid Billing city/state/postal code during checkout.
View all test credit card numbers: Testing Credit Card Services
Frequently Asked Questions ↑ Back to top
Q: Does this plugin support 3D Secure? I need to meet Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) requirements.
A: This is coming soon! WooCommerce CyberSource does not yet support 3D Secure at this time, but this is in progress to launch before the PSD2 deadline. (Learn more about PSD2 here.)
Migrating from Authorize.Net? The updates to this plugin to support 3DS v2.0 will also support the same features as WooCommerce Authorize.Net, so you won’t lose any features in migrating. Our support team is happy to help with any migration questions you have.
Troubleshooting ↑ Back to top
Having trouble? Follow these steps to make sure everything is setup correctly before posting a support request:
- Check that your Merchant ID and Security Key are correct.
- Double-check that your Merchant ID and Security Key are correct ; ).
- Enable debug mode to the checkout page and review the errors messages that CyberSource is providing*.
- Enable debug both to the logs and submit a support ticket, with the log found under WooCommerce > System Status > Logs as an attachment.
*View the debug log or view the order notes in the WooCommerce Order admin and compare the provided reason code against the CyberSource reason codes:
Note that sometimes more detailed error information/messages can be found by logging into your CyberSource Business Center and viewing transaction Reports.
Questions & Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with support via the help desk.