Composite Products can be used to create product kit builders by grouping existing simple or variable products.
Overview ↑ Back to top
Composite Products is an advanced product kitting plugin that lets you use existing products to create customizable product kit builders. The extension has been engineered specifically for applications with advanced inventory management requirements, and is ideal for selling products that consist of multiple inventory-managed parts.
Before you get started with Composite Products, make sure you’ve picked the right tool for the task at hand. If you need to create a configurable product that consists of multiple inventory-managed options, like this DSLR Camera Kit, you’ve picked the right tool. If the options of your product do not need to be inventory-managed, or tracked in reports individually, then consider using an attribute-based, or form-based plugin, like Product Add-Ons, or Gravity Forms Product Product Add-Ons.
Documentation Contents ↑ Back to top
Store Owner’s Guide – Part I:
- Getting Started
- Component Settings
- Layout Options
- Catalog Price
- Cart Editing
- Managing Inventory
Store Owner’s Guide – Part II:
Customize & Extend
- Data Structures & Storage
- Functions Reference
- Filters Reference
- Actions Reference
- Rest API Reference
FAQ & Feedback
Questions & Support ↑ Back to top
Purchased Composite Products and need assistance? If you’ve found an issue:
- Ensure you have the latest versions of all extensions and themes. Go to WooCommerce > System Status to check for plugin updates and other important information that may require your attention.
- Rule out a plugin conflict: Turn off all plugins except WooCommerce and WooCommerce Composite Products. If the issue is resolved, find the plugin that triggers it by re-activating plugins one by one.
- Rule out a theme conflict. Activate Storefront, or a default WordPress theme such as Twenty Fourteen and check if the issue still occurs. If it doesn’t, please contact your theme author(s).
- Read the most Frequently Asked Questions.
- Use the WooCommerce Self Service Guide.
If you followed these steps but the issue persists, get in touch with us via the Help Desk!