Overview ↑ Back to top
The Checkout.fi plugin extends WooCommerce, allowing you to take payments via the Checkout.fi payment portal. You need to register for a contract with Checkout.fi to use this plugin.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the extension from your dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Checkout and read the next section to learn how to setup and configure the plugin.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
First, you must log in to your Checkout account and copy your Merchant ID and Merchant Secret / Password. These are necessary to link your Checkout account to this plugin. You’ll save this information on the plugin settings page.
Test Credentials ↑ Back to top
You can test the plugin with the following test credentials:
- Merchant ID: 375917
- Merchant Secret: SAIPPUAKAUPPIAS
Extension Settings ↑ Back to top
You can configure the plugin from WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Checkout.
- Enable / Disable – This will enable the gateway to be used by customers to checkout.
- Title – This is the text shown for the payment during checkout and on the Order Received page.
- Description – This is the text shown under the title during checkout. Limited HTML is allowed. If you enable test mode, this section will also display a notice along with test credit card numbers.
- Merchant ID – This is the ID assigned to you by Checkout and can be found by logging in to your Checkout Account
- Merchant Secret – Enter the Checkout Merchant Secret password from your Checkout Account.
- Adult Entertainment – Check this box if you are selling products that are categorized as ‘adult entertainment’.
Checkout Flow ↑ Back to top
To checkout using Checkout.fi, a customer must select this option on the checkout page:
When Checkout is selected, the customer will be given a list of available checkout methods to select from:
Once the customer selects a payment method, the customer is directed to the bank / payment processors website to complete the purchase. After the needed information (such as PINs or passwords) has been entered, the payment will be processed and customers can be redirected to your website.
Troubleshooting ↑ Back to top
Having trouble? Follow these steps to make sure everything is setup correctly before posting a support request:
- Check that your Merchant ID and Merchant Secret are correct.
- Double-check that your Merchant ID and Merchant Secret are correct.
- Enable only WooCommerce and Checkout.fi using a WordPress default theme to see if the issue persists.
- Submit a support ticket and tell us what happened when you took these steps.
Frequently Asked Questions ↑ Back to top
Q: WooCommerce 2.2 added the ability to process automatic refunds. Does this gateway support automatic refunds?
A: Unfortunately refunds via the API (from WooCommerce) are not possible with Checkout.fi. We are following the developer documentation for updates and will add this to the roadmap if it becomes possible in the future.
Questions & Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with support via the help desk.