Cart Add-Ons is a tool for driving incremental and impulse purchases once customers are in the shopping cart. It extends the concept of upsells and cross-sells at the product level, and engages your customers at the moment they are most likely to increase spending.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
To set up your upsells:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Cart Add-Ons.
- Enter a Display title. Give the section a name.
- Enter Maximum products to show – Tell the widget the maximum number of upsell products to show in the shopping cart.
- Select Default Add-Ons – Products shown to customers in the cart, if more detailed (Category or Product-specific) recommendations are undefined. Leave blank if you don’t want default products shown.
- Select Category Matches – Click + Add Category to define upsells for that category. Use as few or as many as you wish. Use priority to order recommended products when the shopper’s cart has multiple matches.
- Select Product Matches – Click + Add Product to define upsells for that product. Use as few or as many as you wish. Use priority to order recommended products when the shopper’s cart has multiple matches.
- Save changes.
Usage ↑ Back to top
Add-ons are added to the cart by default, but there are a couple more options to display cart add-ons;
- Use one of the Widgets by going to Appearance > Widgets in your admin area.
- Use shortcodes on any page or post – including the shopping cart page:
[display-addons length=5 mode=loop]Uses your theme’s template
[display-addons length=4 mode=images_name]Shows the product image along with the product name
[display-addons length=8 mode=images_name_price]Display product images with name and price
[display-addons add_to_cart=1]Display products with an “AJAX” add-to-cart button
- Use directly in your theme:
$num= the maximum number of add-ons to display
$displaycan be one of the following:
Frequently Asked Questions ↑ Back to top
What is recommended first – Product matches, Category matches or the Default? ↑ Back to top
Cart Add-Ons first looks for matches at the product level. If a product in the shopping cart matches a product defined in the admin, those recommendations are shown to the shopper. If no products match, then Cart Add-Ons will look for a match for a category and display recommendations as defined in the admin. If no product or category matches exist, then Cart Add-Ons will display default recommendations for your store.
What products are shown when multiple products are in the shopping cart? ↑ Back to top
When multiple products are in the shopper’s cart, Cart Add-Ons looks at priorities defined above – Product, Category, Default. If it finds that there are multiple products or category matches, the selected products or matches are shown according to the priority set in the admin for Product or Category Matches.
Questions & Support
Something missing from this documentation? Do you still have questions and need assistance?
- Have a question before you buy this extension? Please fill out this pre-sales form – please include the name of this extension in your query.
- Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the WooCommerce.com Support page and choose this extension name from the “I need help with” dropdown