Calculate your price for WooCommerce enables you to create and take control of your price and profit calculations. Comes with handy bulk functions, integrations and export options.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
More information at: Installing and Managing Plugins.
Setup and configuration ↑ Back to top
Settings for Calculate your price
To find the settings, go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Calculate your price
Calculate your price has two sections, the first section is for general settings and the other is for setting up integration with an other plugins custom fields.
Configuration of options ↑ Back to top
- Products per page: Number of product rows in the table is used in the paging function, default 50 product rows
- Automatic stock management: If you want to turn off stock management i.e you do not use stock for some or all items but still want stock status to be in stock or other options you have set.
- Disable autofocus: Select this option if you do not want autofocus when the mouse is over an input field i.e search.
- Autosort by name: This function make sure single products and variations are sorted ASC when the editor page loads.
- Hide purchase price: If you want hide Purchase price in edit product views just set this checked. Useful when i.e you have integration with other extension that uses a purchase price you want to use.
- Hide cost of goods: If you want to hide Cost of goods in edit product views just set this checked. Useful when i.e you have Cost of goods integrated and do not want two cost of goods fields showing in edit product view.
- Purchase price field: If integration with other extension that already use a purchase price field like: _purchase_price
- Cost of goods field: If integration with other extension that already use a cost of goods field like: _wc_cog_cost
Recommended configuration ↑ Back to top
It is recommended to set products per page to a number that make sense for your amount of products.
Usage ↑ Back to top
You are now ready to use Calculate your price. To start Calculate your price, in the admin menu find Products > Calculate your price.
How to use ↑ Back to top
On the top left side of the extension you have the download button, select category, delete rows, settings and if Bulk Table Editor is installed you also have Set up sales. To the top right we have the search in text, sku and rows. Below the search you find the paging function.
The headings in the table has arrows and is for ordering the rows on the column heading. Right below the named headings you find the bulk functions of the extension. They work like this: enter a value in the input field, then use the select box to select i.e Set fixed amount. The exception here is when you want to use the round functions then it is just to select the one you want. More about the round functions in the FAQ section.
The table editor
If you want to change single values in the table you can simply enter every input field that is not readonly (gray). After you have changed a value and leave the field the checkbox on the left side of the row is checked. This means it will be saved when you click the save all button. In other words, every row that is checked will be saved, so it easy to just uncheck rows that you do not want to update. One tip is to use the search in rows to get the products you want to update, edit in bulk and save.
Example of usage
First we set the purchase price, then other cost (like handling), this two fields now equals cost of goods. Now we have cost of goods. Let us say our t-shirt cost of goods is $10 and we want to have a markup of 100% so we just enter 200 in the input field for markup + enter. In the new price field you will now see $20 as a suggestion for price, you will also see that the value at cost, retail value and profit has got values. If you think $20 is a good price, the just click the save all button.
How does the table calculations work?
- Purchase price: This is your purchase price and do no calculations but could be important to find cost of goods
- Other cost: Typically this is handling, shipping and other costs you may have after purchase on a product. It is the difference between purchase price and cost of goods. If you have set cost of goods and purchase price the extension set the difference in this field.
- Cost of goods: This is purchase price + other cost per product. This field does no calculations but is essential for further calculations of the price.
- Markup: This is the percentage markup on your product. Cost of goods + markup = new price (sales price). If you want 20% markup on your product you need to enter 120 in the markup field. If you know what the new price will be and set it direct, the markup will adjust according to your new price.
- Price: This is the current sale price on you product and is mostly there to show you what your current price on the product is. Does not do any calculations.
- New price: This is the sum of cost of goods + markup. If this field has a yellow background it is different than the current price. If you want to use it as the current price, make sure the row is checked and save.
- Stock: This field show current stock on the product and is used for calculation of value at cost, retail value and profit.
- Value at cost: Is the sum of cost of goods * stock.
- Retail value: Is the sum of current price * stock.
- Profit: Is the sum of retail value – value at cost. If negative profit the numbers are shown in red.
- Table footer fields with values: Show the totals of the current column, updates if you do updates in the table or search in rows.
Download (.csv) ↑ Back to top
The button below Calculate your price, named Download (.csv) enables you to get a copy of your products and calculations. The download button creates a csv file, download it to you and you can open it in i.e MS Excel or Apple Number. This file can then be used for other calculations / reports. The number values use decimals and separators from WooCommerce > Settings.
Search ↑ Back to top
The search function has radio buttons below. If you use the default option Text you search in product name and description, if you select SKU your search is only finding items that matches your input. I.e woo- finds all items that contains woo-, example woo-cap. If you select Rows you will only search/filter in current product rows, this can be handy if you have a lot of variations and want to filter out some of them. After a search you can just click the search icon again to view all your products.
Stock ↑ Back to top
To bulk-update stock, enter an amount in the input field for stock, then find the select option box below.
In the dropdown, select increase or decrease then the amount will be added to all visible products in the table. On the left side in the table you will see that the checkboxes has been checked of, if there is products you do not want to update – just uncheck them.
You can also set a fixed value if you do not want to, set the value and in the dropdown box select set fixed, now all rows has this value. When ready, select the Save all button at the top right off the table.
Automatic stock management
Automatic stock management is an option set in settings. This can be used if you do want to automatically turn off stock management on items with null values and default set in stock on these products. If you for some reason decide that a product now needs to use stock, just enter the stock value i.e 10 then stock management automatically is turned on again and set the default in stock status.
Delete rows ↑ Back to top
To delete products, check products using the left checkbox on every product row. To check all use the checkbox in the table header. Uncheck products you do not want to delete then click the Delete rows link and in the dialog select OK. PS! products will be moved to trash and will be found there if you deleted some products by mistake.
Clear calculations ↑ Back to top
The function clear calculations removes all visible calculations in the table. If you regret just click the function again and your current calculations shows up again, this is only possible if you do not save after clear calculations. The function can become handy if you want to start from scratch with your calculations. Please note that nothing is saved until you click the save all button.
Integration: Bulk Table Editor for WooCommerce ↑ Back to top
The extension is automatically integrated with Bulk Table Editor if subscribed, the integration let you jump from Calculate your price to Bulk Table Editor and enables better decisions when setting up sales. Just click the link Set up sales and you will be in the same category as in Calculate your price, now you can easy set up your sales. Bulk Table Editor also has a link Calculate prices that let you jump back to Calculate your price.
Integration: Cost of goods for WooCommerce ↑ Back to top
If you have a subscription of Cost of goods for WooCommerce you are able to use the cost of goods values in the extension. Start by go to WooCommerce > settings > Calculate your price > Integration. Set the following options:
When you have done this and saved you can go back to Calculate your price. Now you will see all your cost of goods values is on the products and can use them for the calculations of your products and variations.
FAQs ↑ Back to top
I want to round my prices, how does it work? ↑ Back to top
The round functions is found in the dropdown select box for price values. Round upwards function will set the price up from i.e 19.51 to 20.00 and if round downwards from 19.30 to 19.00. Round two decimals does this type of rounding: 19.63 becomes 19.60, it uses the logical round up or down based on the decimals. Just use the functions on your prices or i.e after you have bulk created new sales prices. Remember to save when done.
How does the bulk function: copy purchase / copy current price work? ↑ Back to top
On the bulk functions for Cost of goods and New price there is a copy function. This function copies purchase price to Cost of goods or Current price to New price. This can be handy if you i.e have imported products and want to do some adjustments to your prices or if purchase price is equal to cost of goods. We recommend to use the copy function found in cost of goods first so the calculations will be correct.
Compatibility ↑ Back to top
The extension is compatible with: ↑ Back to top
- WooCommerce Products and variations
- WooCommerce Subscriptions and variations
Integrations: ↑ Back to top
- Bulk Table Editor for WooCommerce
- Cost of goods for WooCommerce
- Two integration fields for other extensions
Languages: ↑ Back to top
- English is default
- Includes a POT file for easy translation to other languages
Uninstalling ↑ Back to top
In WordPress > plugins find Calculate your price and deactivate and if you want – delete. If deleting the plugin, the plugin files will be removed from your WordPress installation.