Installation ↑ Back to Top
After installing the theme, go to Settings > Permalinks and click the Save Changes button, even if no changes have been made. This registers the custom post types used in Caffeinated.
Home Page ↑ Back to Top
The homepage has an introduction, portfolio, recent blog posts section and a widgetized footer area.
Setting up the home page ↑ Back to Top
Using the custom panel with the theme options, there is a custom post type in the backend menu called Portfolio. This displays portfolio content on the home page and also the portfolio template.
Set Up the Portfolio ↑ Back to Top
Showcase your work or products. To add the portfolio:
- Go to: Page -> Add New
- Add a title, i.e., Portfolio
- Select the Portfolio page template in the Attributes panel on the right
Adding portfolio items
The portfolio section also uses a custom post type called Portfolio. Add a new item:
- Go to: Portfolio -> Add New
- Enter a title
- Enter text to describe the portfolio item
- Go to the Portfolio Thumbnail image in the Custom Settings area
- Upload a large image or add an URL (external image, video, etc.) that your thumbnail will link to
- Add an optional Portfolio Link to to show a Visit Site button
- Add an optional tag to categorize your portfolio item
- Publish and repeat for the next portfolio item.
Note: You must upload a “Portfolio Large” image for image attachments to work.
Upload multiple images per portfolio item
When opening a portfolio image in the included lightbox, it’s possible to have multiple images to look through.
To set this up, upload image attachments to the Portfolio Item and click Save Changes. Do not insert into the post after upload.
- Go to the theme Options Panel
- Setup portfolio category tags if you wish to categorize your posts
- Tick “use lightbox” if you wish the large images to display as an overlay when clicked on, not a link that takes you to a new window.
- Save settings and you’re done!
Widgets ↑ Back to Top
There are eight custom widgets you can add to any widgetized area:
- Woo – Flickr
- Woo – Adspace
- Woo – Search
- Woo – Blog Author Info
- Woo – Custom Nav Menu
- Woo – Tabs
- Woo – Embed/Video
- Woo – Twitter Stream