This document lists some popular official extensions and free plugins that add more functionality to Product Bundles.
Free Mini-Extensions ↑ Back to top
To install a free mini-extension:
- Download it.
- Ensure you have the latest version of WooCommerce and WooCommerce Product Bundles installed.
- Go to WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin at the top.
- Choose File and select the .zip file you downloaded in Step 1.
- Click Install Now and Activate the mini-extension.
Product Bundles – Min/Max Items ↑ Back to top
Product Bundles – Min/Max Items is a free mini-extension for Product Bundles that allows you to control the minimum or maximum quantity of bundled products that customers must choose in order to purchase a Product Bundle.
How It Works
The mini-extension adds two new options under the Bundled Products tab: Items required (≥) and Items allowed (≤). These options allow you to define a lower/upper boundary for the combined quantity of all bundled items. For details, check out the Create Pick-and-Mix Bundles example, which utilizes the Min/Max Items mini-extension.
→ Download Product Bundles – Min/Max Items.
Product Bundles – Bulk Discounts ↑ Back to top
Product Bundles – Bulk Discounts introduces dynamic pricing rules and bulk quantity discounts to Product Bundles. Use this free mini-extension to offer higher discounts to customers who purchase more items in a Product Bundle.
Compared to rule-based or coupon-based approaches, Product Bundles with dynamic pricing rules are:
- Visible. Each Product Bundle is an individual WooCommerce product with its own catalog page, which can be shared or embedded using shortcodes.
- Trackable. You can use WooCommerce product sales/earnings reports to find out how your bundles are performing.
- Easier to set up. Rule-based discount plugins are harder to set up and require a higher up-front investment.
How It Works
To add bulk discounts to a Product Bundle, first install and activate Product Bundles – Bulk Discounts. Then, navigate to Product Data > Bundled Products and use the Bulk discounts field to define discount tiers.
Discount tiers are “rules” that associate quantities with discounts. Each rule consists of two parts, separated by a pipe
- A quantity value or range of values, e.g.
1 - 5,
- A discount value expressed in %, e.g.
Quantities can be entered in either:
- quantity range format – e.g.
1 - 5,
- single quantity format – e.g.
- “equal to or higher” format e.g.
For example, consider this ruleset:
4 - 5 | 5 6 - 9 | 10 10 + | 15
This means that:
- If 4-5 items are chosen, the discount is 5%.
- If 6-9 items are chosen, the discount is bumped to 10%.
- If 10 or more items are chosen, the discount goes up to 15%.
When a Product Bundle with bulk discounts is configured, the applicable discount is dynamically calculated and displayed, along with the subtotal and total after discount:
→ Download Product Bundles – Bulk Discounts.
Official Extensions ↑ Back to top
Product Add-Ons ↑ Back to top
Use Product Add-Ons to offer more personalization options in Product Bundles. The extension allows you to add product options via text boxes, dropdowns, text areas, checkboxes, custom price inputs, and even sample images.
→ Purchase Product Add-Ons.
All Products for WooCommerce Subscriptions ↑ Back to top
Use it with WooCommerce Subscriptions to offer entire Product Bundles on subscription. Also allows you to:
- Add subscription plans to Simple products, Variable products and Composite Products.
- Offer subscription plans in the cart.
- Let customers add products and carts to existing subscriptions.
→ Purchase All Products for WooCommerce Subscriptions.