Bulk Shop creates product table views and enables to shop quantities of products in one operation. The extension can be used to show all products in a table and enables bulk shopping. It also enables to set up views that fits for one or several product categories.
Feature overview ↑ Back to top
Default WooCommerce themes shows products one by one. Bulk Shop lists products in a table and make it possible to bulk shop products. The table automatically calculates the cost and total for the customer. The Bulk Shop table has one button that adds all the products to the cart in one operation.
- Enables product catalog view
- Enables single or multiple categories view
- Enables mobile views
- Enables a way to bundle or group products
- Creates sale badge and calculates the sale in percent
- Shopping cart icon to show products added to cart
- Bulk add products
- Search and paging function
- Shortcode generator
- Integration options for a custom Wholesaler or Retailer price and roles
Video ↑ Back to top
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
More information at: Installing and Managing Plugins.
Setup and configuration ↑ Back to top
After installation go to WordPress Admin > Bulk Shop. Here you will find the Bulk Shop shortcode generator. Default during installation we will generate a page for you called Bulk Shop and you find it at WordPress Admin > Pages > All Pages. This page just contains one shortcode: [bulkshop]. The page with this shortcode will give you a product catalog with all your public products. Default it shows 15 products per page.
The Bulk Shop shortcode generator will create shortcodes for you. With the shortcodes you can set options for a view like pagination, show or hide variations, stock and sales badge. How to set up pages and the options, is explained more in depth below.
Shortcode generator ↑ Back to top
Set up your store with Bulk Shop
- On installation one page is created: Bulk Shop, the default product catalog page
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Pages > Bulk Shop page
- Rename the title Bulk Shop to i.e Product catalog if you like
- Create pages and add the bulkshop shortcode
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Bulk Shop
Shortcode options ↑ Back to top
- Select categories: Select the product categories you want on a page, hold down the ctrl or cmd key to select more than one category in the list. Default all categories are selected. If you select one or several categories the select category dropdown shows only with the selected categories.
- Products per page: Default paging is set to 15 products per page, set your value in this field.
- Hide variations: By checking this you hide product variations from the list. The product is shown but the variations is hidden, customer has to set the variations in the cart.
- Hide stock: Check this if you want to hide stock for customers.
- Hide sale badge: Check this if you do not want a sales badge below your prices saying Sale 30% . This function calculates the percent sale you have on your products.
- Hide category selector: Check this if you do not want to show the categories selector on a categories page. Category selector will always be shown if All categories is selected.
- Hide SKU: Check this if you want to hide SKU from the list view.
- Hide thumbnail: Check this if you want to hide the thumbnail image from the list view.
- Hide short description: Check this if you want to hide the short description from the list view.
- Hide add to cart icon: Check this option if you want to hide the add to cart icons at the right side of every row.
- Custom price: Enter a custom price slug i.e _wholesales_price if Bulk Shop is used in a Wholesaler solution and prices are not automatically changed. If you set a custom price you also have to select the roles that will use this price. The custom price will replace normal price for the user roles selected. The table will show normal price strikethroughs and custom price below if custom price is lower than normal price.
- Custom price roles: If you have a custom price you also need to set the customer roles that can see and use this price. Hold down the ctrl or cmd key to select more than one role. Custom price and roles is an generic option to integrate Bulk Shop with retailer and wholesales solutions where special prices and roles are used.
- Create and copy shortcode: When you click the button create shortcode the shortcode text field will now have the shortcode with the options you selected above. You can now click the button copy shortcode and paste it in a page or post.
Usage ↑ Back to top
The extension includes two types of views, one catalog view and one categories view. Both views are shown in a table format and enables customers to shop several products at once. When your customers add products the table automatically calculates the totals for the customer. On every row and in the bottom of the list there is buttons for add to cart. If you click one of these buttons you add all selected products to cart.
List view ↑ Back to top
The catalog view is by default created when installing the extension in a page with title Bulk Shop. When you enter this page in your shop you will find all your public products here. This view has a select category dropdown box, bulk add quantity, search function and paging by default.
Categories list view ↑ Back to top
The categories view is not created by default. When you want to create a category or categories view you first make a page for the category, i.e accessories and from the Bulk Shop shortcode generator you can easy create and add the shortcode into this page. The view is much of the same as the catalog view but has the option to show or hide categories selector. The search function is not enabled for this view.
Bundle or group products ↑ Back to top
You can create categories for bundles or grouping products like the above example. If you have created a category, then add products that naturally belongs in it or add products you want to sell together with the main product. In the example above we created a category for a printer and added toners and paper.
Mobile view ↑ Back to top
The mobile view wraps the table and let customers use the same functionality as with larger screens. The headings is shown to the left in the wrapped view.
FAQ’s ↑ Back to top
What do the sales badge do? ↑ Back to top
The sales badge calculates you sale in % and if sale on a product it appear like this: Sale 20%
Can I bulk shop multiple products? ↑ Back to top
Yes, just add a quantity in the quantity input field and hit enter or the add button. You can also direct select quantity and the table then calculates the totals for you before you add the products to the cart.
Can I create shortcode for several categories? ↑ Back to top
Yes, in the shortcode generator you can select several categories like this: hold down the ctrl or cmd key to select more than one category. After your selection just click the button: Create shortcode.
Does Bulk Shop support all themes? ↑ Back to top
Yes and no, default Bulk Shop is created and styled for WooCommerce Storefront. If you like to use Bulk Shop for a none supported theme you may have to do some CSS styling. Look at the list below for supported themes, the list will be updated when new themes is supported.
Can I have several shortcodes on one page? ↑ Back to top
Is the table responsive and support mobile views? ↑ Back to top
Yes, the table adjusts to small sized screens and support mobile views.
Is grouped products shown in the views? ↑ Back to top
Grouped product is not shown in the views because it can not be bought this way.
I want to change thumbnail image size, how can I do that? ↑ Back to top
In WP Admin find Appearance > customize > Additional CSS (or custom CSS) and paste the CSS below and publish. Remove if you want default image size. Please note: .wbs-th-image need to be larger than thumbnail as it is the table column. The CSS is an example to make thumbnail images larger:
max-width: 80px !important;
width: 85px !important;
Can I integrate Bulk Shop with a wholesales or retailer solution? ↑ Back to top
Yes, in many cases this works out of the box if prices is automatically changed. If however this is not the case you can use the custom price and custom price roles and generate a shortcode to use in your Bulk Shop pages. This will replace the current price with your custom price i.e _wholesales_price for the customer user roles you have set to use this price. If you do not know the custom price slug, you can do an export of your products, search for _price and look for that with the name of your extension. Copy the slug and paste it in the custom price, set the roles and generate a shortcode.
For Wholesale for WooCommerce you do not need to set up custom _wholesale price and roles. Just set it up in the extension Wholesale for WooCommerce and it changes prices automatically.
Compatibility ↑ Back to top
The extension is compatible with
- WooCommerce Products and variations
- WooCommerce Subscriptions and variations
- Wholesale for WooCommerce
- Integrations for custom price and roles
- WooCommerce Storefront
- WordPress Twenty Sixteen
- WordPress Twenty Seventeen
- For other themes you may need to do some CSS adjustments
- Default English
- Translation for Norwegian
- Includes POT file for translation to other languages
Uninstalling ↑ Back to top
In WordPress > plugins find Bulk Shop for WooCommerce and deactivate and if you want – delete. If deleting the plugin, the plugin files will be removed from your WordPress installation. If the plugin is deactivated or deleted, your product data will not be affected.