Bulk Shop is a bulk ordering system that lists your products and variables in a responsive table that also looks good for mobile views. The plugin can be used in a wholesale solution, donation list if you use Name your price for WooCommerce or just to show customers all products in a list.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
More information at: Installing and Managing Plugins.
Setup and configuration ↑ Back to top
After installation go to WordPress Admin > Bulk Shop. Here you will find the Bulk Shop shortcode generator. Default during installation we will generate a page for you called Bulk Shop and you find it at WordPress Admin > Pages > All Pages. This page just contains one shortcode: [bulkshop]. The page with this shortcode will give you a product catalog with all your public products. Default it shows 15 products per page.
The Bulk Shop shortcode generator will create shortcodes for you. With the shortcodes you can set options for a view like pagination, show or hide variations, stock and sales badge. How to set up pages and the options, is explained more in depth below.
Shortcode generator ↑ Back to top
Set up your store with Bulk Shop
- On installation one page is created by default: Bulk Shop, to find this:
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Pages > Bulk Shop page
- Rename the title Bulk Shop to i.e Bulk order form if you like
- Create pages or posts and add bulkshop shortcodes to create your custom order forms
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Bulk Shop
Shortcode options ↑ Back to top
- Select categories: Select the product categories you want on a page, hold down the ctrl or cmd key to select more than one category in the list. Default all categories are selected. If you select one or several categories the select category dropdown shows only with the selected categories.
- Products per page: Default paging is set to 15 products per page, set your value in this field.
- Default product quantity: By default every product row has 0 in the quantity input field. This option let you pre set numeric values in this field.
- Sort products Z – A (desc): This option sets the default sorting of products (using product name), if checked the product sorting is in a descending order else in ascending (default).
- Hide variations: By checking this you hide product variations from the list. The product is shown but the variations is hidden, customer has to set the variations in the cart.
- Hide stock: Check this if you want to hide stock for customers.
- Hide sale badge: Check this if you do not want a sales badge below your prices saying Sale 30% . This function calculates the percent sale you have on your products.
- Hide category selector: Check this if you do not want to show the categories selector on a categories page. Category selector will always be shown if All categories is selected.
- Hide SKU: Check this if you want to hide SKU from the list view.
- Hide thumbnail: Check this if you want to hide the thumbnail image from the list view.
- Hide short description: Check this if you want to hide the short description from the list view.
- Hide price: Check if you want to hide the price column in the list.
- Hide total: Check if you want to hide the total column in the list.
- Hide add to cart icon: Check this option if you want to hide the add to cart icons at the right side of every row.
- Custom price: Enter a custom price slug i.e _wholesales_price if Bulk Shop is used in a Wholesaler solution and prices are not automatically changed. If you set a custom price you also have to select the roles that will use this price. The custom price will replace normal price for the user roles selected. The table will show normal price strikethroughs and custom price below if custom price is lower than normal price.
- Custom price roles: If you have a custom price you also need to set the customer roles that can see and use this price. Hold down the ctrl or cmd key to select more than one role. Custom price and roles is an generic option to integrate Bulk Shop with retailer and wholesales solutions where special prices and roles are used.
- Create and copy shortcode: When you click the button create shortcode the shortcode text field will now have the shortcode with the options you selected above. You can now click the button copy shortcode and paste it in a page or post.
Usage ↑ Back to top
Bulk Shop default view includes all functions and columns. When your customers add products the table automatically calculates the totals for the customer. On every row and in the bottom of the list there is add to cart buttons. If you click one of these buttons you add all selected (checked) products to cart.
Bulk order form – default view ↑ Back to top
The catalog view is by default created when installing the extension in a page with title Bulk Shop. When you enter this page in your shop you will find all your public products here. This view has a select category dropdown box, bulk add quantity, search function and paging by default.
Use as order form with no price and totals ↑ Back to top
In this view we have removed price and total. Set a default quantity of 10 to every product row, this makes it easy for the customer to just click the shopping cart icon to add 10 products to the cart.
Name your price for WooCommerce ↑ Back to top
If you use Name your price for WooCommerce and want to have a donation list using this, Bulk Shop now supports this plugin. Bulk Shop validate and make sure no price lower than minimum is set in the input field.
Mobile view ↑ Back to top
The mobile view wraps the table and let customers use the same functionality as with larger screens. The headings is shown to the left in the wrapped view.
FAQ’s ↑ Back to top
What do the sales badge do? ↑ Back to top
The sales badge calculates you sale in % and if sale on a product it appear like this: Sale 20%
Can I bulk shop multiple products? ↑ Back to top
Yes, just add a quantity in the quantity input field and hit enter or the add button. You can also direct select quantity and the table then calculates the totals for you before you add the products to the cart.
Can I create shortcode for several categories? ↑ Back to top
Yes, in the shortcode generator you can select several categories like this: hold down the ctrl or cmd key to select more than one category. After your selection just click the button: Create shortcode.
Does Bulk Shop support all themes? ↑ Back to top
Yes and no, default Bulk Shop is created and styled for WooCommerce Storefront. If you like to use Bulk Shop for a none supported theme you may have to do some CSS styling. Look at the list below for supported themes, the list will be updated when new themes is supported.
Can I have several shortcodes on one page? ↑ Back to top
Is the table responsive and support mobile views? ↑ Back to top
Yes, the table adjusts to small sized screens and support mobile views.
Is grouped products shown in the views? ↑ Back to top
Grouped product is not shown in the views because it can not be bought this way.
Can I integrate Bulk Shop with a wholesales or retailer solution? ↑ Back to top
Yes, in many cases this works out of the box if prices is automatically changed. If however this is not the case you can use the custom price and custom price roles and generate a shortcode to use in your Bulk Shop pages. This will replace the current price with your custom price i.e _wholesales_price for the customer user roles you have set to use this price. If you do not know the custom price slug, you can do an export of your products, search for _price and look for that with the name of your extension. Copy the slug and paste it in the custom price, set the roles and generate a shortcode.
For Wholesale for WooCommerce you do not need to set up custom _wholesale price and roles. Just set it up in the extension Wholesale for WooCommerce and it changes prices automatically.
Can I use Bulk Shop with Name your price for WooCommerce? ↑ Back to top
Yes, we have integrated support for this plugin. Just set minimum and suggested price for the products you want to show as i.e donations and Bulk Shop will show it in the list.
Compatibility ↑ Back to top
The extension is compatible with
- WooCommerce Products and variations
- WooCommerce Subscriptions and variations
- Wholesale for WooCommerce
- Name your price for WooCommerce
- Integrations for custom price and roles
- WooCommerce Storefront
- WordPress Twenty Sixteen
- WordPress Twenty Seventeen
- Works with Elementor (use shortcodes)
- Works for most themes, but for some you may need to do some CSS adjustments
- English (default)
- Includes POT file for translation to other languages
Uninstalling ↑ Back to top
In WordPress > plugins find Bulk Shop for WooCommerce and deactivate and if you want – delete. If deleting the plugin, the plugin files will be removed from your WordPress installation. If the plugin is deactivated or deleted, your product data will not be affected.