Setting the timezone ↑ Back to top
To control how Bookings displays the timezone to customers:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > General.
- Scroll down to Booking Settings.
- Tick the box for Enable Bookings Timezone Calculation, if you want Bookings emails and other automatic events to be triggered using the site’s configured timezone. If disabled, events are triggered on UTC time.
- Select Bookings Calendar Settings.
- Timezone – Use your visitors’ local time or yours. This only affects bookable products with the booking duration configured to either minutes or hours. Bookable products with the booking duration set to days or months are always displayed in the site’s configured timezone.
- Calendar start day – Use the visitors’ locale or yours. If yours, info is pulled from: Dashboard > Settings > General > Week Starts On. Some countries start the week on Sunday; some on Monday.
- Save changes.
Usage ↑ Back to top
The frontend Bookings calendar displays in the timezone specified: Visitor or yours.
After the booking is made, the time displayed to the customer is in their timezone, including the cart, order confirmation, and reminder emails.
The frontend Bookings calendar displays according to the Start Day specified: Visitor or yours.
Defining global availability rules ↑ Back to top
Global availability rules apply to all bookable products in your store. Configuring these rules is useful if you, for example:
- Have consistent/expected hours of availability (e.g., Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Need to block out a specific date range for all products (e.g., Unavailable for Christmas break)
- Only have availability during specific seasons (e.g., Closed from October – May)
To define a global rule, go to: Bookings > Global Availability.
Click the add range button:
This adds a row to the table:
Use Case ↑ Back to top
A hair salon offers one-hour appointments for haircuts and is open Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. with the last appointment at 5:00 p.m. The owner has decided to close the salon for a holiday break between December 22, 2014 and January 4, 2015.
In the Bookings Settings, the following global availability rules are added:
- Time Range (all week); 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Bookable – Yes
- Range of days; Monday – Friday; Bookable – Yes
- Range of days; Saturday – Sunday; Bookable – No
- Custom date range; 2014-12-22 – 2015-01-05; Bookable – No
By default, Global availability rules take priority over product level availability rules and product availability rules take priority over resource priority rules.