Bank Account Clearing System (BACS), commonly known as direct bank transfer or wire transfer, is a gateway that doesn’t require payment to be made online.
Orders using BACS are set On Hold until payment clears outside of WooCommerce. You, as the store owner, should confirm that payments have cleared bank accounts you list in BACS before processing orders in WooCommerce. It’s important to verify that you are paid before shipping an order and marking it as Processing or Complete.
For more information, see Managing Orders.
Setup ↑ Back to top
1. Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > BACS
2. Configure your settings:
- Enable/Disable – Enable to use. Disable to turn off.
- Title – Choose the title shown to customers during checkout
- Description – Add info shown to customers if they choose BACS
- Instructions – Explain how to pay via BACS to your bank account(s)
- Account Details – Enter account name and number, bank name, routing number, IBAN and/or SWIFT/BIC numbers shown to customers on the Order Received page and in Order emails after checking out
3. Save changes