Amazon Pay (formerly called Pay with Amazon and Amazon Payments Advanced) extends WooCommerce, allowing you to take payments via a special checkout page in your store powered by Amazon widgets. This offers a convenient way for Amazon users to pay using existing payment and address details.
This extension only works for stores based in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Sweden, Portugal, Hungary, Denmark, Japan, the UK and US; and includes support for recurring payments with WooCommerce Subscriptions (separate purchase).
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce.com account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
More information at:.
Sign up with Amazon ↑ Back to top
Register for an Amazon Pay Merchant account at the following link, depending on your location:
- US – Amazon Pay
- UK – Amazon Pay
- DE – Amazon Pay
- FR – Amazon Pay
- IT – Amazon Pay
- ES – Amazon Pay
- JP – Amazon Pay
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Login & Pay with Amazon.
- Tick the box to Enable.
- Enter Merchant account details provided by Amazon after signup:
- Seller ID
- MWS Access Key
- Secret Key
- Use Login App – Tick the box if you signed up for this option. Complete the App Client ID and App Client Secret fields that appear.
- Tick the Use Sandbox box for testing only. No live payments are taken.
- Payment Capture – From the dropdown, select how payments are handled.
- Authorize and capture – After placing the order, payment is automatically captured.
- Authorize – After placing the order, the payment is automatically authorized, but you need to manually capture later.
- Don’t authorize – After placing the order, you need to manually capture and authorize payment. Useful for pre-orders.
- Select button or banner from the dropdown for Cart login display.
- Tick the box to hide standard checkout button (optional)
- Tick the Debug box if you wish to log errors. Helpful for troubleshooting.
- Save changes.
Retrieve your account details by logging into Amazon’s Seller Central. Your Seller ID is found at Settings > Integration Settings and your MWS Access and Secret Keys under Integration > MWS Access Key.
Seller Central is located at:
Once configured, the plugin is ready to use.
Selling Free Items with Shipping ↑ Back to top
If you’re selling zero-priced products in which you need to charge shipping:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout >Login & Pay with Amazon.
Tick the checkbox for Use Amazon Login App.
Customer Checkout Flow ↑ Back to top
To pay using Amazon Pay, customers need to first sign in with their Amazon account. They can do this from two places.
Cart sign-in widget ↑ Back to top
On the cart page, customers see a ‘Pay with Amazon’ button next to the regular checkout button:
Checkout sign-in ↑ Back to top
On the regular checkout page, customers see a banner asking if they want to pay with Amazon:
Signing in ↑ Back to top
Both buttons trigger a sign-in window that opens and looks similar to this:
After signing in, the customer is redirected to a special version of the checkout that shows Amazon widgets.
Amazon Checkout Page ↑ Back to top
Upon reaching the checkout page, note that the regular billing and shipping forms are missing. This is normal — they have been replaced by Amazon widgets:
Customers choose their desired shipping address and payment method, and this refreshes the WooCommerce order totals as usual.
They then click the Place Order button. This creates an order in WooCommerce for you to process.
Admin Order Fulfillment Flow ↑ Back to top
When an order comes in via Amazon Pay, it is placed On Hold. If you view/edit the order, a new meta box appears on your Orders screen:
This widget allows you to perform the following actions:
- Authorize – Authorize a payment but do not capture. Amazon recommends capturing payment once you have verified the order and begun processing it.
- Authorize and Capture – Capture funds for the full order total amount.
- Capture – Capture an authorized payment. Amazon recommends capturing payment once you have fulfilled the order.
- Close authorization – Close an authorization and release funds without capturing.
- Refund – If you captured a payment that is still open, you can refund X amount.
After each action, an order note is created, noting the status.
REST API ↑ Back to top
Amazon has some functionalities available through REST API, as of version 1.6.0. View endpoints, filters, parameters and examples on GitHub at: Amazon Pay REST API.
Other Developer docs for Amazon Pay can be found at: Amazon Pay – Developers.
FAQ ↑ Back to top
Will this gateway work with X extension that modifies the WooCommerce checkout page? ↑ Back to top
Generally, no. Amazon Pay uses its own forms for payment and shipping, so plugins that add or modify the WooCommerce checkout may not work in these cases. As of version 1.6.0, compatibility with extensions that modify the checkout page has been added for:
- WooCommerce Drip (separate purchase)
- WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing (separate purchase)
- WooCommerce German Market (not a Woo product)
Can I use Amazon Pay/Pay with Amazon/Amazon Payments Advanced with WooCommerce Subscriptions? ↑ Back to top
Yes, this Amazon integration supports recurring payments with WooCommerce Subscriptions (separate purchase). More info at: Subscription Payment Methods & Gateways. By default, subscription is disabled when store base location is set to Germany. Notice will displayed in such case:
Merchant needs to contact Amazon first. A filter
woocommerce_amazon_pa_seller_supports_recurring_paymentavailable to bypass that:
add_filter( 'woocommerce_amazon_pa_seller_supports_recurring_payment', '__return_true' );
Where should I go to view my Amazon account balance? ↑ Back to top
To view your Amazon Payments Seller account balance, visit Seller Central.
- US: https://sellercentral.amazon.com
- UK: https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/
- Germany: https://sellercentral.amazon.de/
- JP: https://sellercentral-japan.amazon.com/
- EU: https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/
Is Pay with Amazon available in other languages? ↑ Back to top
Yes. Check out translations already done or in progress for Amazon Pay (Pay with Amazon/Amazon Payments Advanced) on GlotPress.
My Amazon payments widgets look stretched or distorted on my mobile device. How do I resolve this? ↑ Back to top
Stretching or distortion of Amazon payments widgets when viewing your website on a mobile device is largely due to the WordPress theme you’re using. It may add padding around the widgets, causing the irregular display.
To fix, add the following CSS code to “style.css” in your child theme; or the “style.css” file in your parent theme if you’re not yet using a child theme:
Troubleshooting ↑ Back to top
Shipping costs are missing ↑ Back to top
This can occur if the following option is enabled. Disabling should solve the issue:
Questions and Feedback ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Ninja via the Help Desk.