What is Affiliate Marketing? ↑ Back to top
Affiliate Marketing is the process of earning commissions by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. It motivates consumers to sell a product they like, and in turn earns a piece of the profit for each sale they make.
It is based on revenue sharing. If you have a product and want to sell more, you can give financial incentives to promoters through affiliate programs.
Setup and Configuration: ↑ Back to top
Quick Setup Video:
Other Useful Videos: ↑ Back to top
- Walk-through to the Plugin | Affiliate Program for WooCommerce | eplugins
- How to check affiliate report in admin dashboard?
- How to select user roles for affiliate?
Installation Guide: ↑ Back to top
- Download the Affiliate Program For Woo Commerce extension from your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now, and then Activate.
Configuration and Settings: ↑ Back to top
- Navigate to Woo Commerce > Settings >Affiliate.
You will see subsections there as:
- Affiliate key length
- Affiliate key name
- Text above the affiliate link
- Max. no. for commissions on orders
- Commission type
- Commission amount
- Select Roles
This checkbox must be enabled for using the features of this extension.
2. Affiliate Key Length
Enter the length of the Referral Key.
3. Affiliate Key Name
Enter the name of the affiliate key which will be added with your affiliate link.
4. Text above the affiliate link
Enter your text which will be shown above the affiliate link.
5. Maximum number for commissions on orders
Max number of orders till you want to allow the commission to the affiliate.
6. Commission Type
This option allows you to set commission type form fixed and percentage.
7. Commission Value
This option allows you to set commission value as the option you have selected above.
8. Select Roles:
All the users with the above roles will be converted into affiliate users. Leave it blank to allow affiliate program for all users.
Reporting: ↑ Back to top
Reporting section displays detailed information about all the affiliates the admin can track every individual and he also has full control take action like updating commission, modify affiliate, etc.
Navigate to: WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate > Affiliate Reports
Customer View: ↑ Back to top
Navigate to: My Account > Reports
Social Sharing: ↑ Back to top
Navigate to: WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate > Social Sharing
How to Plugin Work ↑ Back to top
- Share your affiliate link with your friends.
- Any user uses that links and navigate to my-account page( for registration).
- When he/she completes the signup , supposed to be an affiliate reffered user.
- Now when this reffered user make purchase on your site.
- After purchase and when order status became completed then affiliate user will get commission as per set by admin.
- Admin can keep track of these commissions through the reports.
- Admin can manually update the commission of the affiliate users.
Example: ↑ Back to top
Let’s say a customer A registered himself as an affiliate on Business B.
Customer A will be provided with a unique affiliate link corresponding to Business B.
When any user says Customer C (that is not already registered with business B ) do signup with the affiliate link. Then the user is marked as an affiliate of customer B
After completion of the signup when Customer C made an order in the store.
and order status marked as completed then customer B will get the commission.
Admin can update the balance of any user from the user edit profile page.
Users can see their earnings on the dashboard through the chart.
Users can also see their affiliate link in the dashboard of my account.