Affiliate for WooCommerce helps add and manage affiliates and track performance from a single place – commissions, sales, payout, leaderboard, etc. Earn money without hard work. Increase your brand outreach, and get potential customers.
This doc article explains how you can payout commissions to your affiliates using the plugin Affiliate For WooCommerce.
Affiliate For WooCommerce plugin provides a feature for handling commission payout.
Currently, it supports the following 2 ways for commission payout:
- Commission payout via PayPal
- Manual commission payout
Commission payout via PayPal ↑ Back to top
Requirements ↑ Back to top
- PayPal Standard should be enabled in the WooCommerce store
- PayPal API credentials should be configured – This setting can be found under WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > PayPal Standard. You can also verify whether these settings are configured correctly or not by checking the status of “Payout via PayPal” under WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate > Payout via PayPal
- The affiliate should have configured their PayPal email address in their profile – This setting can be found under affiliate’s My Account > Affiliate > Profile
- Affiliate For WooCommerce plugin uses PayPal Mass Payout API for sending payouts. So you need to have the ‘Mass Payouts’ enabled on your PayPal account. You can reach out to PayPal team to enable the same if not enabled in your account.
To process the commission payout, all the above requirements are necessary.
Steps to payout commission via PayPal ↑ Back to top
- Log in to the admin panel of your WordPress website
- Go to WooCommerce > Affiliate
- Select an affiliate from the left panel of the Affiliate Dashboard
- Click on the Orders tab
- Now, if the selected affiliate has configured the PayPal email address in their account then, by default, PayPal will be selected under Pay via. If you want to do the payout via PayPal then keep the PayPal selected under Pay via.
- Select some orders from the list of orders (which is located below the payout form) for which you would like to process the payouts.
- While you’re selecting the orders, Commission to pay will keep adding up the commission for the selected orders in the payout form. The amount will add up only for those orders for which the Commission status is unpaid
- When you’re done with the selection, add some comment for your reference under Internal note.
- Click Pay via PayPal button.
Manual commission payout ↑ Back to top
The only purpose of this method is to keep track of the commission payout. The actual payment of the commission is done by you outside the Affiliate For WooCommerce plugin.
This method will always be available irrespective of whether PayPal is configured or not. If the required setting for commission payout via PayPal is not available then, the Pay via will have only one option, Manual.
Now, follow steps 6, 7 & 8 from the above-mentioned steps.
Choose a date when you had done the commission payout for the affiliate. And choose a Payment Method for the payout. If you had processed the commission payout via PayPal outside the Affiliate For WooCommerce plugin, choose PayPal, else choose Other.
Now click on Add payout.
Check processed payouts ↑ Back to top
You can check all the processed payouts done either via PayPal or using the Manual method, under the Payouts tab. You can also find the transaction id in this tab if you’ve done the payout via PayPal.
FAQ’s ↑ Back to top
PayPal: Pay & Record option is not enabled during payout. ↑ Back to top
Please make sure all requirements mentioned here are satisfied, then only the option will be enabled.
I’m getting an error ‘PayPal payout failed’. ↑ Back to top
Go to WooCommerce > Status > Logs. Look for the log file named ‘affiliate-for-woocommerce-…’ with the date of failed payout appended to it. Copy the log file content and send it to us by raising a ticket from here.