Affiliate for WooCommerce plugin helps you to add, manage affiliates, and track performance from a single place – commissions, sales, payouts, leaderboard, etc. Earn money without hard work. Increase your brand outreach, and get potential customers.
As a store owner, you can either mark selected users on your site as affiliate either by their User Profile or by their user role.
But you (store owner) also have the authority to accept new users who can join your affiliate program and accept/reject them via an affiliate registration form.
Registration form ↑ Back to top
The plugin gives you a shortcode
[afwc_registration_form] which you can add on any page of your site to show affiliate registration form and let users sign up for your affiliate program.
An example of the form can be seen from here.
(Note – Form appearance may vary based on your theme.)
By default, the form has the following fields:
- Email – Email address of the user (Mandatory)
- First Name – First name of the user
- Last Name – Last name of the user
- Phone Number / Skype ID / Best method to talk to you – Way to contact the user
Website – User’s website from where they’ll be promoting your website
- Password & Confirm Password – User’s account password (Mandatory)
- Tell us more about yourself and why you’d like to partner with us (please include your social media handles, experience promoting others, tell us about your audience etc) – This information helps you decide how user will promote you and your website (Mandatory)
Getting started ↑ Back to top
On activating the plugin for the first time, a page is created for you automatically with the above shortcode. You can find that page either in the list of All pages on your site or under WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate > Registration form.
Approve all users as affiliates ↑ Back to top
Follow the below steps if you want all users who sign-up for your affiliate program to become your affiliates automatically.
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate
- Enable ‘Auto approve affiliate’ checkbox.
After enabling, all the users who sign up via the form, will be automatically approved and will be your affiliates.
Approve selected users as affiliates ↑ Back to top
For this, firstly make sure ‘Auto approve affiliate’ setting is disabled under WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate. After it is disabled, any user who signs up via the form will be going in ‘pending’ status once they sign up.
Follow the below steps, to decide whom to approve or reject from the affiliate program:
- Go to WooCommerce > Affiliate.
- On the left-hand side below Pending Payouts, you’ll find a list of all the users marked in Red color who filled the registration form.
- Select the user marked in Red color. On the left you will see a button ‘Review and Approve Affiliate’ to decide on their request.
- Click on the ‘Review and Approve Affiliate‘ button. It will take you to the User Profile and you’ll see what details they had entered in the form.
- Select the ‘Approve affiliate’ option in Green to approve the affiliate request.
- Select the ‘Reject affiliate’ option in Red to reject the affiliate request.
That’s it. You have approved/rejected an affiliate request on your website.
Affiliate’s user role ↑ Back to top
By default, a user who signs up to be affiliate will be assigned user role set under WordPress admin > Settings > General > New User Default Role.
For multisite, to change the above setting, go to My Sites > Network Admin > Sites > All Sites. Select Edit on the site that you want to set the default role for, then click Settings. Scroll down and you should see ‘Default Role’. Set the role to ‘subscriber’ (or whatever you want) and click on save changes.
You can change the affiliate’s user role to any other role once they are approved. You can even create a custom user role and use the same.
Email notifications ↑ Back to top
- Affiliate Manager – New Registration Received
Once user signs up via the form, an email will be sent to affiliate manager notifying about new signup. If affiliate manager email is not set, then this email will be sent to administrator the website.
Affiliate – Welcome email
After an affiliate request to join is approved, affiliate will receive a welcome email informing them about the same and along with their affiliate link, their account link, your product catalog link etc. to get them started quickly.
You can manage this email notifications from WooCommerce > Emails.
How to change form fields ↑ Back to top
As of now, it is not possible to customize (add/remove) any form fields.
However, you can use a free plugin like Loco Translate and rename form fields.
FAQ’s ↑ Back to top
Can existing users on my site signup using the same form? ↑ Back to top