Affiliate For WooCommerce helps add and manage affiliates and track performance from a single place – commissions, sales, payout, leaderboard, etc. Earn money without hard work. Increase your brand outreach, and get potential customers.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded.
- Activate the extension.
More information at:.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
Upon activating Affiliate for WooCommerce, you will see a welcome page. It explains how to use the plugin.
Settings for Affiliate For WooCommerce ↑ Back to top
To find the settings in WordPress Admin, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate
- Affiliate Users Roles: Select which user role will be your affiliates. You can select multiple user roles.
- Additionally, you can also make previously added users as affiliates. Go to All Users > Edit the user. Check ‘Is Affiliate?’ and click on ‘update user’.
- Affiliate Commission (in %): Decide how much % commission affiliate user will get.
- Approve Commissions: By default, commissions will be approved immediately after an order completes.
- Minimum Commission Balance Requirement: Decide if the minimum commission balance is required before issuing payout.
Getting started ↑ Back to top
How to make a user an affiliate? ↑ Back to top
- You can make a user as an affiliate from All users > edit user. Check ‘Is Affiliate?’ and click on ‘update user’. OR
- You can make users from a particular user role as affiliates. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate For WooCommerce > Affiliate Users Roles. Select user role and save settings to make them as an affiliate.
Affiliate tracking ↑ Back to top
Tracking for affiliate users ↑ Back to top
Each affiliated user will see a new tab in their My Account > Affiliate:
It will show data how much traffic, referrals an affiliate have sent along with a few KPI’s.
- Total Commissions: It will show how much amount is paid and unpaid to an affiliate.
- Product wise commission: This will show each product purchased with quantity and how much earned for that product purchased via an affiliate’s referral link.
- Converted Referrals: This will show how much commission an affiliate has earned on each successful referral. It will show the date of a referral order, referral customer’s name, referral commission, payout status i.e. if the payout is accepted, rejected or unpaid.
- Gross Commission: Total revenue earned by affiliate along with number of orders.
- Refunds: Total amount refunded from the affiliate’s referrals along with number of orders.
- Net Commission: Total revenue affiliate is eligible for payout along with the number of orders less any amounts for discounts, refunds, reversals, payment processing fees, and Taxes.
- Sales: Total revenue earned by store from affiliate’s referrals.
- Clicks: Number of hits affiliate’s referrals have sent.
- Conversion: Conversion rate for the affiliate.
Here affiliate users will find all information about their affiliate i.e. affiliate id, their affiliate link. Affiliate user can also generate a custom affiliate link using ‘Referral URL Generator’. Just enter the path of the page and you will get custom referral URL.
Tracking for store admin ↑ Back to top
Store admin can see a detailed overview of each affiliate’s activity.
Commission payout ↑ Back to top
FAQ ↑ Back to top
Where can an Affiliate login? ↑ Back to top
An affiliate can log in from My Account area.
Where can an Affiliate get their statistics from?
An affiliate can get their statistics from My Account > Affiliate.
Where can an affiliate find their affiliate link? ↑ Back to top
An affiliate can find their affiliate link under My Account > Affiliate > Profile.
How can store admin add/make a user as an affiliate? ↑ Back to top
If you want to make all users of a specific role as an affiliate, go to the WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate For WooCommerce and check a specific role. All users under that role will become your affiliate.
Additionally, if you want to make a specific user as an affiliate then go to Users > All Users. Locate and edit that user. You will see ‘Is Affiliate?’ option. Check that option and that user will become your affiliate.
Where can store admin find an affiliate link for an affiliate? ↑ Back to top
Store admin can see any affiliate’s ‘affiliate link’ under their name in the Affiliate For WooCommerce dashboard. Additionally, go to Users > All Users. Locate the user and click on edit. You will see their affiliate link on their profile page.
How are referrals tracked? ↑ Back to top
Referrals are tracked via cookies.
Where can store admin set cookie expiration to identify referrals? ↑ Back to top
A setting “Cookie Expiration” is provided under WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate. Here the store admin can set the number of days for the cookie expiration.
Can affiliates earn commission on their purchase? ↑ Back to top
Yes. Currently, the affiliate system calculates commission for those orders which are placed by the affiliate himself. If the store admin doesn’t want to give the commission for such orders, they can mark such orders as “Rejected” from the affiliate dashboard in the admin panel.
I can’t find transaction id of the commission payout done via PayPal? ↑ Back to top
The transaction id should be visible under WooCommerce > Affiliate > Select an affiliate from left panel > Payout tab > Note. If it’s not appearing, make sure that PayPal IPN is configured correctly.
Is this plugin compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions? ↑ Back to top
Using WooCommerce Subscriptions, can I control whether to pay recurring commission or one-time commission? ↑ Back to top
Yes, you can. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate. If you want to allow commission on each renewal, then enable ‘Issue recurring commission?’ and click on save changes. This will issue the affiliate commission on each renewal. Leave it disabled to issue commission-only during sign up.
Questions and Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy it? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with the developer.