Affiliate For WooCommerce helps add and manage affiliates and track performance from a single place – commissions, sales, payout, leaderboard, etc. Earn money without hard work. Increase your brand outreach, and get potential customers.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded.
- Activate the extension.
More information at:.
Enable plugin updates ↑ Back to top
Please follow steps listed here to enable plugin updates for Affiliate For WooCommerce.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
Upon activating Affiliate for WooCommerce, you will see a welcome page. It explains how to use the plugin.
Settings for Affiliate For WooCommerce ↑ Back to top
Find in detail from here.
Make a user as an affiliate ↑ Back to top
There are three ways in which you can make a user as an affiliate:
By individual user ↑ Back to top
You can make a user as an affiliate from All users > edit user. Check ‘Is Affiliate?’ and click on ‘update user’.
By user role ↑ Back to top
You can make users from a particular user role as affiliates. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate > Affiliate Users Roles. Select user role and save settings to make them as an affiliate.
By registration form ↑ Back to top
You can use a shortcode [afwc_registration_form] on any page or post of your site. This will show the registration form to visitors on your site and they can request to join your affiliate program.
Read more: Create affiliate registration form to let users sign up for your affiliate program
Tracking for affiliates ↑ Back to top
Each affiliated user will see a new tab in their My Account > Affiliate:
a. Reports ↑ Back to top
It will show data how much traffic, referrals an affiliate has sent along with a few KPI’s.
- Total Commissions: It will show how much amount is paid and unpaid to an affiliate.
- Product wise commission: This will show each product purchased with quantity and how much earned for that product purchased via an affiliate’s referral link.
- Converted Referrals: This will show how much commission an affiliate has earned on each successful referral. It will show the date of a referral order, referral customer’s name, referral commission, payout status i.e. if the payout is accepted, rejected or unpaid.
- Gross Commission: Total revenue earned by affiliate along with number of orders.
- Refunds: Total amount refunded from the affiliate’s referrals along with number of orders.
- Net Commission: Total revenue affiliate is eligible for payout along with the number of orders less any amounts for discounts, refunds, reversals, payment processing fees, and Taxes.
- Sales: Total revenue earned by store from affiliate’s referrals.
- Clicks: Number of hits affiliate’s referrals have sent.
- Conversion: Conversion rate for the affiliate.
b. Profile ↑ Back to top
Here affiliate users will find all information about their affiliate i.e. affiliate id, their affiliate link. Affiliate user can also generate a custom affiliate link using ‘Referral URL Generator’. Just enter the path of the page and you will get custom referral URL.
Tracking for store admin ↑ Back to top
Store admin can see a detailed overview of each affiliate’s activity.
How affiliate commission is calculated for an order? ↑ Back to top
Affiliate for WooCommerce plugin automatically marks commission status for various orders based on the order status. Here’s how the commission statuses are calculated/marked for orders:
- For paid WooCommerce order statuses (Processing, Completed), the commission status will be marked as ‘Unpaid’. The store admin needs to later review them and mark them as ‘Paid’ after paying to the affiliates.
- For rejected WooCommerce order statuses (Refunded, Cancelled, Failed), the commission status will be marked as ‘Rejected’.
- But for those orders wherein the order is placed but payment is not received yet (Pending, On Hold), the commission status will be marked as ‘Draft’.
Orders with commission status as ‘Draft’ will not be considered while calculating KPI’s.
Customize affiliate’s referral link ↑ Back to top
Create and assign coupons to affiliates ↑ Back to top
Set different affiliate commission rates for affiliates ↑ Back to top
Set different affiliate commission rates for product or product category ↑ Back to top
Assign / unassign an order to an affiliate ↑ Back to top
Commission payout ↑ Back to top
FAQ ↑ Back to top
Where can an Affiliate login? ↑ Back to top
An affiliate can log in from My Account area.
Where can an Affiliate get their statistics from? ↑ Back to top
An affiliate can get their statistics from My Account > Affiliate.
Where can an affiliate find their affiliate link? ↑ Back to top
An affiliate can find their affiliate link under My Account > Affiliate > Profile.
How can store admin add/make a user as an affiliate? ↑ Back to top
Please refer here: How to make a user as an affiliate?
Where can store admin find an affiliate link for an affiliate? ↑ Back to top
Store admin can see any affiliate’s ‘affiliate link’ under their name in the Affiliate For WooCommerce dashboard. Additionally, go to Users > All Users. Locate the user and click on edit. You will see their affiliate link on their profile page.
How are referrals tracked? ↑ Back to top
Referrals are tracked via cookies.
Where can store admin set cookie expiration to identify referrals? ↑ Back to top
A setting “Cookie Expiration” is provided under WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate. Here the store admin can set the number of days for the cookie expiration.
Can affiliates earn commission on their purchase? ↑ Back to top
Yes. Currently, the affiliate system calculates commission for those orders which are placed by the affiliate himself. If the store admin doesn’t want to give the commission for such orders, they can mark such orders as “Rejected” from the affiliate dashboard in the admin panel.
I can’t find transaction id of the commission payout done via PayPal? ↑ Back to top
The transaction id should be visible under WooCommerce > Affiliate > Select an affiliate from left panel > Payout tab > Note. If it’s not appearing, make sure that PayPal IPN is configured correctly.
Is this plugin compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions? ↑ Back to top
Using WooCommerce Subscriptions, can I control whether to pay recurring commission or one-time commission? ↑ Back to top
Yes, you can. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Affiliate. If you want to allow commission on each renewal, then enable ‘Issue recurring commission?’ and click on save changes. This will issue the affiliate commission on each renewal. Leave it disabled to issue commission-only during sign up.
How to automatically apply a discount to the user when they visit using affiliate’s URL? ↑ Back to top
You can use another plugin – Smart Coupons – which will allow you to apply the coupon via URL. Here is a doc that explains how to apply discount coupon via URL. You can append the affiliate’s referral param in it to track the affiliate and apply a discount for the user.
This is the affiliate link:
And this is the shareable coupon link from Smart Coupons:
Then this will be your final link:
Feature request ↑ Back to top
Have a feature request for Affiliate For WooCommerce? Submit it from here: Submit a feature request
Questions and Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy it? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with the developer.