The Advanced Notifications extension for WooCommerce lets you set up order and stock notifications for users other than the admin user. These can be used for anything; notifying staff and users of sales, sending stock notices to suppliers, or even sending new orders to drop shippers.
To get started, go to WooCommerce > Notifications and click on the “Add notification” button:
Creating a Notification ↑ Back to top
When creating an advanced notification, the first section asks for information about the recipient:
The name of the recipient will be displayed in the emails the recipient receives.
The email addresses (which can be comma separated if multiple addresses should be used) will receive the notifications.
Below those fields you can add some additional details such as telephone and address; these are not used by the plugin but may be useful for your reference.
In the next section you can choose what notifications your recipient should receive, and in what format.
The following options are available:
Choose plain text or html emails (default). Some users may prefer plain text, as they might be less likely to get caught in spam filters.
Enable notifications ↑ Back to top
- Purchases – Sent when new orders are placed (regardless of the status). These notifications contain order and customer details.
- Low stock – Sent when an item is getting low is stock (based on the threshold set in WC settings). These emails contain stock and product information.
- Out of stock – Sent when an item is out of stock. These emails contain stock and product information.
- Backorders – Sent when an item is backordered (stock < 0 ). These emails contain stock and product information.
These are the types of notifications this recipient will receive.
Include prices ↑ Back to top
Choose whether or not prices for products will be hidden in the email.
Include order totals ↑ Back to top
Choose whether or not order totals for products will be hidden in the email.
Notification triggers ↑ Back to top
Triggers determine which products and orders trigger notifications to be sent. You may choose:
- All purchases – Any order item will trigger a notification
- Product categories – Purchases of products in the product category will trigger a notification.
- Product shipping classes – Purchases of products in the product shipping class will trigger a notification.
You can leave this blank if you want to use per-product triggers (see below). When using this, only the matching trigger’s product will be displayed in the notification – this keeps other products hidden and private.
If you choose All purchases, all products will be included in the email.
Assigning per-product triggers to notifications ↑ Back to top
After setting up a notification with per-product triggers, you can set up notifications to apply to selected products only. To do this, edit the product itself and look for the notifications box:
Choose the recipients who should get notifications for the product. This will apply to all of the recipients configured notifications.
Note, this box will only be displayed if you have a per-product triggered notification setup in advance.
The Recipients List ↑ Back to top
After adding your recipient they will be listed on the main notifications screen shown below.
Edit or delete the recipient by hovering over their name in the list under the Recipient column.
The Email Template ↑ Back to top
The email to the preassigned recipients will look like this:
Changing the email template ↑ Back to top
Here are the following email templates you will find with this plugin in the email folder:
You can override these templates, for customization, by placing them inside your theme folder using this structure for example: